Re: [softrock40] OSes was Re: 64-Bit Drivers

  • Russ Hines
    Message 1 of 49 , Mar 31, 2010
      Yep, I was aware of OS/2 use in ATM's.  Most of those have been replaced in our area, to a form of embedded Linux (my guess... I happened to see one reboot after a maintenance period and I could have sworn I saw X start up).

      Gordon JC Pearce wrote:

      On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 18:30 -0700, Gary Stern wrote:

      > Don't feel too bad Russ,
      >
      > I am actually still running 2 x OS/2 Warp v3 machines !!

      You probably use an OS/2 machine every day. Many ATMs have gone over to
      Windows XP now (why, ffs?) but it will be a long, long time before all
      the OS/2 is gone from banks ;-)

      Gordon MM0YEQ

      http://www.eset.com
    • Russ Hines