Questions about SDR-SHELL and Qiusk

  • ra3tes
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2010
      Hi for All.
      I am try to use sdr-shell? some questions.

      1. I can't Balans IQ for RX.
      2. Real freq not equal indicated freq in sdr-shell and quisk.
      example for sdr-shell
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/photos/album/1610100968/pic/108086131/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

      It is working in IF mode may be? how I may to cange it ? I was try cange in CFG (sdr-shell) - no effects
      it is all for now.
      Sorry for my English :-)
    • Alex
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31, 2010
        Have u calibrated your controller/Si570?

        Alex

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ra3tes" <a66@...> wrote:

        > Hi for All.
        > I am try to use sdr-shell? some questions.
        >
        > 1. I can't Balans IQ for RX.
        > 2. Real freq not equal indicated freq in sdr-shell and quisk.
        > example for sdr-shell
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/photos/album/1610100968/pic/108086131/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc
        >
        > It is working in IF mode may be? how I may to cange it ? I was try cange in CFG (sdr-shell) - no effects
        > it is all for now.
        > Sorry for my English :-)

      • ra3tes
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 31, 2010
          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <lee188@...> wrote:

          > Have u calibrated your controller/Si570?
          >
          > Alex

          no calibrated ... but in PowerSDR (WINXP)
          all is ok
          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ra3tes" <a66@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi for All.
          > > I am try to use sdr-shell? some questions.
          > >
          > > 1. I can't Balans IQ for RX.
          > > 2. Real freq not equal indicated freq in sdr-shell and quisk.
          > > example for sdr-shell
          > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/photos/album/1610100968/pic/108086131/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc
          > >
          > > It is working in IF mode may be? how I may to cange it ? I was try cange in CFG (sdr-shell) - no effects
          > > it is all for now.
          > > Sorry for my English :-)

        • glenoverby
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 31, 2010
            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ra3tes" <a66@...> wrote:
            > I am try to use sdr-shell? some questions.
            >
            > 1. I can't Balans IQ for RX.

            dttsp doesn't have an IQ auto-balancer like Quisk does (I wish it had). If you look under CFG (lower right hand of the screen) in the IQ box, there is an IQ balance box. I've never gotten that to work well for me though.

            > 2. Real freq not equal indicated freq in sdr-shell and quisk.
            > example for sdr-shell
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/photos/album/1610100968/pic/108086131/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

            You need to run the usbsoftrock calibration to get the 'Crystal' frequency, which you then hand back to usbsoftrock using the -x commandline argument.

            Glen, kc0iyt
          • Rob Frohne
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 31, 2010
              And for SDR-Shell and dttsp, I find that best way to balance the I/Q is
              to use a signal generator and turn it up. Dttsp will null it
              automatically. The manual null control in the preferences pane is left
              over from when Dttsp wouldn't do that. You can see the image disappear
              before your very eyes!

              73,

              Rob

              --
              Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.
              E.F. Cross School of Engineering
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 31, 2010
                I suspect u might have done your cal with PSDR. Did u set the fcyrst freq to something other than default of 114.285mhz ?

                The "correct" way to cal is to do it with Fred's firmware. Once that is done, all Sdr programs should be left or reset to the "default".

                73's

                Alex

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ra3tes" <a66@...> wrote:

                > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <lee188@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Have u calibrated your controller/Si570?
                > >
                > > Alex
                >
                > no calibrated ... but in PowerSDR (WINXP)
                > all is ok
                > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ra3tes" <a66@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi for All.
                > > > I am try to use sdr-shell? some questions.
                > > >
                > > > 1. I can't Balans IQ for RX.
                > > > 2. Real freq not equal indicated freq in sdr-shell and quisk.
                > > > example for sdr-shell
                > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/photos/album/1610100968/pic/108086131/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc
                > > >
                > > > It is working in IF mode may be? how I may to cange it ? I was try cange in CFG (sdr-shell) - no effects
                > > > it is all for now.
                > > > Sorry for my English :-)

              • ra3tes
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "glenoverby" <goverby@...> wrote:

                  > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ra3tes" <a66@> wrote:
                  > > I am try to use sdr-shell? some questions.
                  > >
                  > > 1. I can't Balans IQ for RX.
                  >
                  > dttsp doesn't have an IQ auto-balancer like Quisk does (I wish it had). If you look under CFG (lower right hand of the screen) in the IQ box, there is an IQ balance box. I've never gotten that to work well for me though.
                  >
                  > > 2. Real freq not equal indicated freq in sdr-shell and quisk.
                  > > example for sdr-shell
                  > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/photos/album/1610100968/pic/108086131/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc
                  >
                  > You need to run the usbsoftrock calibration to get the 'Crystal' frequency, which you then hand back to usbsoftrock using the -x commandline argument.
                  >
                  > Glen, kc0iyt

                  I am understand abot frequency. I was try IQ balance under CFG, no effects.
                • ra3tes
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ra3tes" <a66@...> wrote:

                    > Hi for All.
                    > I am try to use sdr-shell? some questions.
                    >
                    > 1. I can't Balans IQ for RX.
                    > 2. Real freq not equal indicated freq in sdr-shell and quisk.
                    > example for sdr-shell
                    > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/photos/album/1610100968/pic/108086131/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc
                    >
                    > It is working in IF mode may be? how I may to cange it ? I was try cange in CFG (sdr-shell) - no effects
                    > it is all for now.
                    > Sorry for my English :-)

                    Question 3
                    May I change scale of frequency in spectrum frame ?
                  • visierl
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 2, 2010
                      In Quisk the scale of the spectrum display is whatever makes the
                      full bandwidth of your sound card (in my case 48Khz for a 48KHz sampling rate card) fit on the screen. It would be a "simple matter of programming," as they say, to change that to something else. I am pretty sure the code in question is written in Python.

                      I have wanted to play with writing a Zoom-In, Zoom-Out feature with the spectrum display in quisk, but have not gotten around to doing it.

                      Eric
                      AC0OP

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 2, 2010
                        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "visierl" <eric@...> wrote:

                        > In Quisk the scale of the spectrum display is whatever makes the
                        > full bandwidth of your sound card (in my case 48Khz for a 48KHz sampling rate card) fit on the screen. It would be a "simple matter of programming," as they say, to change that to something else. I am pretty sure the code in question is written in Python.
                        >
                        > I have wanted to play with writing a Zoom-In, Zoom-Out feature with the spectrum display in quisk, but have not gotten around to doing it.
                        >
                        > Eric
                        > AC0OP
                        I am say abt Sdr-shell
                        may I change scale ?