Sharing a com port

  • Mike W
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30 11:25 PM
      Hi Folks, this may be OT but can't think where else to ask.

      I need to share a com port.
      two programs taking identical data from the com port at the same time.
      There is no handshaking or talking to the com port from either program.

      Has anyone got an answer?. I have found some expensive programs on the web
      that will do this and more but they are not for me at the asked price.

      thanks, Mike G8NXD
    • Simon HB9DRV
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 30 11:46 PM
        Operating system?

        Simon Brown, HB9DRV
        http://sdr-radio.com

      • Jarmo Blomster
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 30 11:53 PM
          I'm using this: http://eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html

          -- Jarmo / oh8kva

        • Jerry Flanders
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31 6:52 AM
            com0com and hub4com
            Use them together. Both are free.
            Also VSP Manager from K5FR might do this. Try it first.

            Jerry W4UK

            Posted by: "Mike W" <mailto:mike@...?Subject=
            Re%3ASharing%20a%20com%20port>mike@...
            <http://profiles.yahoo.com/pencoys>pencoys

            Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:25 pm (PDT)

            Hi Folks, this may be OT but can't think where else to ask.
            I need to share a com port.
            two programs taking identical data from the com port at the same time.
            There is no handshaking or talking to the com port from either program.
            Has anyone got an answer?. I have found some expensive programs on the web
            that will do this and more but they are not for me at the asked price.
            thanks, Mike G8NXD
          • Jim Rossell
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 31 7:19 AM
              See VSPE. Free for XP users.

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 31 8:11 AM
                Mike.

                Look at Eterlogic's "VSPE" tool.
                http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html

                Very good, you need a "splitter" device.

                100% free download and use, 32 bit, fee for 64 bit (for the reasons discussed elsewhere on this list).

                Dave B.
                G0WBX.

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Mike W" <mike@...> wrote:

                > Hi Folks, this may be OT but can't think where else to ask.
                >
                > I need to share a com port.
                > two programs taking identical data from the com port at the same time.
                > There is no handshaking or talking to the com port from either program.
                >
                > Has anyone got an answer?. I have found some expensive programs on the web
                > that will do this and more but they are not for me at the asked price.
                >
                > thanks, Mike G8NXD

              • Mike W
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
                  Thankyou everyone for your comments.
                  The VSPE solution seems the best option, sadly it does'nt run on '98se but I
                  can't have everything can I :-)
                  72 to one and all, Mike G8NXD