Re: [softrock40] V9.0 HF BPF assembly documents confusion

  • Richard Robson
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
      Bennett`- www.wb5rvz.com/sdr has a number of linksm at the top of the page, each of which takes you to one of the Softrock kits' web pages, where you can find completed assembly pictures for each stage of each build.  The most comonly availoable kits have all been documented there in that manner:
      Softrock Xtall+Lite v8.3
      Softrock Lite v6.2 40m
      SR Lite II 40m RX
      USB I2C (BETA)
      Softrock Xtall+Lite v9.0
      HF Multiband BPF kit (for V9.0 RX)
      6m/2m Converter (for V9.0 RX)
      Softrock RXTX V6.2 40/30m
      Softrock RXTX V6.3

      On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM, w b <adastra_2001@...> wrote:

      I thank you for the assessment that I am not stupid, many have said otherwise! The confusion comes from the difficulty in finding what the picture looks like when finished. Imagine a jigsaw puzzle that has many pieces, but you don't know what it looks like when done, and you aren't even sure if you have some of the pieces. I did find the assembly info for the SR lite II receiver. But that same site, in an area I didn't see had other files for some of the other kits,some I have, and some I don't. Thank you to the gentleman that sent the link.  http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/
      I'd seen this page once before but it got lost. I'm sure it will answer most of my questions, but not all.
       Did any of you see the "Classic" movie "This Island Earth"? Well for those of you that did think of this. When the scientist got the kit for the "Interositor"(spelling unsure), he never saw one before, but he had all the parts and an instruction book. There are different versions of SR and dozens of boards and it isn't easy to figure out what makes up a complete unit and the names of some parts(kits) are ambiguous. With the sporadic availability of various sections, I figure it will be a year before I have something that plays.

       I have been, and continue to look for information on the assembly and operation of the SR, that is why I joined this group. All I want is to be directed to the proper assembly and usage information. I can figure out most of the rest.
      But if all I have is a bag of parts with markings I cannot even see( damn you SMD and old eyes) I will be lost.
      Bennett, AF2RF

      --
      tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz