Re: [softrock40] Re:Need to work faster on a stand alone Softrock RCVR the big guys are

  • Eric Söderman
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
      I guess it´s not very likely to get source code for this chip. But
      it´s available on breakout board at http://www.ak-modul-bus.de/ for
      those who want to build a broadcast receiver.

      It only demodulates FM (in broadcast band) and AM for medium wave and
      short wave bands. I think it can tune any frequency below 30 MHz, and
      it´s up to manufacturer of for example a portable receiver to program
      their microcontroller to tune within a shortwave broadcast band. At
      least in theory I think it would be easy for SI Labs to also support
      SSB and then it could be more interesting for ham radio. But getting
      I/Q out of SI4735 is not likely going to happen.

      Then maybe this chip is more interesting (for higher frequencies)
      http://www.cmlmicro.com/products/index.asp?searchvalue=cmx994 ?

      Eric SA5BKE