Update: Perfect Portable HF Antenna

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2010
      I've posted an update on my end-fed Zepp project at www.garage-shoppe.com. If you've been reading that series of posts, you know that my first attempt was successful, but a little rough around the edges. In the past week, I've built a much more refined, QRP version using a 200-Volt trimmer cap in a nice, small package. Yesterday I gave it a quick test, suspended between a tree and my front porch. Within 5 minutes of turning on my FT-817, I worked YU1DW on 20-meter SSB, 2.5 Watts output.

      Details and photos on my blog, www.garage-shoppe.com

      73,
      Pete, NI9N
      www.lazydogengineering.com
      www.garage-shoppe.com
      Inconveniently located 110 km. from Radioville, Indiana