SoftRock v7.0 production now scheduled

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006
      Good Morning All,

      Response has been positive about a production run of two hundred
      v7.0 SoftRock kits with kit delivery starting May 8. This is the
      SoftRock version that uses the I7SWX/VK6APH mixer design to convert
      RF signals to I/Q audio output.

      The kit will include the PCB, and all parts on the board but not
      include any of the external wiring such as the stereo audio cable.
      Please see Bill's website,
      http://ewjt.com/kd5tfd/sdr1k-notebook/sr40/sr7/index.html, for a
      view of what the production v7.0 board will look like and his beta
      v7.0 performance measurements. Additionally, Bodo, DJ9CS, has
      posted in the Photos area of this website a PowerSDR screen shot of
      a beta v7.0 SoftRock running with a calibrated input signal.

      Circuit boards will go on order this morning and orders for some of
      the integrated circuits have already been placed. Parts that might
      have delayed kit shipments beyond May 8 were found in stock and have
      been ordered.

      I am trying to determine what crystal frequencies can be included
      with the kit to make the receiver most useful in the 10m IF
      application. Two crystals will be included in the kit, 28.224 MHz
      and a second frequency to be determined in the next few days.
      Feedback on what frequency would be most useful and/or a lead on
      where I could order that crystal would be very helpful.
      Additionally, if there is interest in using the v7.0 on one of the
      higher HF ham bands, I will be able to substitute a crystal for that
      band in place of the 10m crystals.

      PayPal orders may be placed starting today with payment directed to
      my e-mail address, raparks at ctcisp.com (put @ in for the word
      at). The v7.0 kit price will be $18 for US/Canada and $19 for DX
      with kit mailing cost included in the kit price. Payment may also
      be made by check or money order to me at:

      Tony Parks
      1344 E 750 N
      Springport, IN 47386
      USA

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • Don Parks
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006
        2 units have been ordered.

        Don  K4IJV

        On 4/21/06, kb9yig <raparks@...> wrote:
[...]

        Ham radio

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • W0UN -- John Brosnahan
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006
          Tony--

          With the exception of 6M and 2M in the US, all of the other VHF/UHF
          bands use a calling frequency 100 KHz inside the band. So if a V7
          SoftRock is to be used to monitor the IF output from transverters it
          would be most useful to me (and others?) for one crystal to be supplied
          for listening on 28.1 MHz.

          --John W0UN
        • mikezingman
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006
            Tony,

            Thanks for offering the v7 kits again. I will be placing my order
            this AM for 2. For frequency preference, my rx converter converts
            144.000 to 28.000, and I have 2 specific interests; vhf weak signal @
            144.1 and satellites @ 145.9 (center of the sat band). So I my vote
            is 28.1Mhz and 29.9Mhz.

            Mike n4irr

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

            > Good Morning All,
            >
            > Response has been positive about a production run of two hundred
            > v7.0 SoftRock kits with kit delivery starting May 8. This is the
            > SoftRock version that uses the I7SWX/VK6APH mixer design to convert
            > RF signals to I/Q audio output.
            >

            > The kit will include the PCB, and all parts on the board but not
            > include any of the external wiring such as the stereo audio cable.
            > Please see Bill's website,
            > http://ewjt.com/kd5tfd/sdr1k-notebook/sr40/sr7/index.html, for a
            > view of what the production v7.0 board will look like and his beta
            > v7.0 performance measurements. Additionally, Bodo, DJ9CS, has
            > posted in the Photos area of this website a PowerSDR screen shot of
            > a beta v7.0 SoftRock running with a calibrated input signal.
            >
            > Circuit boards will go on order this morning and orders for some of
            > the integrated circuits have already been placed. Parts that might
            > have delayed kit shipments beyond May 8 were found in stock and have
            > been ordered.
            >
            > I am trying to determine what crystal frequencies can be included
            > with the kit to make the receiver most useful in the 10m IF
            > application. Two crystals will be included in the kit, 28.224 MHz
            > and a second frequency to be determined in the next few days.
            > Feedback on what frequency would be most useful and/or a lead on
            > where I could order that crystal would be very helpful.
            > Additionally, if there is interest in using the v7.0 on one of the
            > higher HF ham bands, I will be able to substitute a crystal for that
            > band in place of the 10m crystals.
            >
            > PayPal orders may be placed starting today with payment directed to
            > my e-mail address, raparks at ctcisp.com (put @ in for the word
            > at). The v7.0 kit price will be $18 for US/Canada and $19 for DX
            > with kit mailing cost included in the kit price. Payment may also
            > be made by check or money order to me at:
            >
            > Tony Parks
            > 1344 E 750 N
            > Springport, IN 47386
            > USA
            >
            > Thanks and 73,
            > Tony KB9YIG

          • John Long
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006
              What is the price for a built/tested unit for the USA?

              John
              KW7A

[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Chuck Urmson
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006
                Hi All,

                Some suggestions for useful frequencies for SoftRocks:

                1. The IBP frequencies. The kits are cheap enough to make it
                practical to monitor these 24x7 (perhaps not with Delta 44s but you get
                my drift :). These frequencies are also the changeover between
                narrowband and wideband modes (in Region 1 at least) enabling
                experimentation with both.
                2. The most common IF frequencies, e.g. 455kHz, 1.4MHz, 9MHz, 10.7MHz
                & 21.4MHz since many of us are using SoftRocks as spectrum analysers
                and/or outboard demodulators.
                3. The QRP calling frequencies since homebrew & QRP interests are
                strongly correlated.

                73,
                Chuck M1DPD
              • Sjoerd
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006

                  Order is on its way!

                  Tnx

                  Sjoerd

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006
                    Hi John,

                    A built/tested v7.0 would be $31.

                    Thnaks and 73,
                    Tony KB9YIG

                    > What is the price for a built/tested unit for the USA?
                    >
                    > John
                    > KW7A

                  • KD5NWA
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006
                      200, I think you are underestimating the demand for this SoftRock version a short time will tell.

                      At 05:44 AM 4/21/2006, you wrote:
[...]

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      Cecil Bayona
                      KD5NWA
                      www.qrpradio.com

                      I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't; only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...

                    • Stan Slonkosky
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006
                        On 4/21/06, kb9yig <raparks@...> wrote:

                        > Additionally, if there is interest in using the v7.0 on one of the
                        > higher HF ham bands, I will be able to substitute a crystal for that
                        > band in place of the 10m crystals.

                        Tony,

                        Which bands? Will it work down to 17m?

                        --
                        Stan Slonkosky
                        KE6ZC
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006
                          Tony,

                          Have you set a price for the built/tested version of the v7.0 ?

                          Thanks,

                          John H. Long Jr.
                          KW7A
                          Sandy, Utah, USA

                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006
                            Thanks Tony,

                            I overlooked this E-mail and sent the request for pricing again.  Sorry.

                            I ordered a v7.0 and paid using Paypal.

                            Thanks again,

                            John H. Long Jr.
                            KW7A
                            Sandy, Utah, USA

                            > What is the price for a built/tested unit for the USA?
                            >
                            > John
                            > KW7A

                          • la4rt
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 21, 2006
                              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Urmson <chucku@...> wrote:

                              > Hi All,
                              >
                              > Some suggestions for useful frequencies for SoftRocks:

                              Yet another suggestion:

                              The NAVTEX frequencies 518 kHz and 490 kHz. Weather forecasts and
                              navigational hazard warnings are transmitted on these frequencies
                              using AMTOR. Both frequencies can be covered with the same crystal.

                              73 de LA4RT Jon
                            • tirtha.rm
                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 3, 2006
                                Hi Tony,

                                Is there any posibilities to send it to Jakarta/Indonesia? and how
                                much does it cost? I would like to buy the build/tested v7.0

                                Cheers.