Re: Has Anyone Used M-Audio Audiophile USB - sound card 9900-50727-00 ?

  • c6alk
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2010
      Hello Again SoftRock Folks:

      Well, I read all of the posts that I could find, and also read the information on the L-PAN site. The best that I can tell, no direct reference to the sound card (box) in the subject line above. This box supposedly replaces the 2496, but that card is PCI, not USB. They could be two completely different animals.

      My only real concern is that this box will have some sort of analog issue, before the sound gets to the digital side of the unit. That is, there may be some sort of low pass filter that limits the audio. Great for sound recording, very bad for SDR applications.

      I have a chance to pick up this card fairly inexpensively used, but at this point I am not sure if I will be wasting my money or not.

      Any comments?

      Brian K7RE