evaluating sound cards?

  • Brent
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2010
      I've been looking for simple tools for evaluating sound "cards" on laptops/netbooks and PCs. I've found one that looks pretty interesting in that it has a pink noise/sine signal generator built in. "TrueRTA" from www.trueaudio.com. The free version only has octave resolution, but it does let you see the general flatness. The bad news is that it must be installed on the computer, making it unsuitable for use in stores.

      Anybody have other favorite programs for this purpose that could be used on other peoples computers without installing?

      73,

      Brent - AB1LF