Lite+Xtall v8.3+I2C wrong frequency reading

  • m0oxd
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hi om, I wonder if anyone can help with a word of advice. I finished building the v8.3 receiver and added the I2C usb for multiband control with Softrock 3.6. The bpf is the 80-40m and the SW1 setting is on 0100. The centre frequency is 7.046 but when I swiched it on this morning I heard an upper side band italian station calling cq on 20M? What have I done wrong? One question, does the Si570 need calibrating or centred on another frequency? Its currently at 7040, checked via the software controller for Si570 V9. Any suggestions appreciated.

      Chris M0OXD
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2010
        From: "m0oxd"
        Subject: [softrock40] Lite+Xtall v8.3+I2C wrong frequency reading

        > Hi om, I wonder if anyone can help with a word of advice. I finished
        > building the v8.3 receiver and added the I2C usb for multiband control
        > with Softrock 3.6. The bpf is the 80-40m and the SW1 setting is on 0100.

        Rocky v3.6? You have the USB plugged into the PIC socket? Then the switch
        makes no difference.

        >The centre frequency is 7.046 but when I swiched it on this morning I heard
        >an upper side band italian station calling cq on 20M? What have I done
        >wrong?

        The Si570 can start at 14.08MHz centre if the USB is not connected. I cannot
        explain the Italian. You really need to confirm the Si570 frequency. Maybe
        it is high and you heard the SSB section.

        >One question, does the Si570 need calibrating or centred on another
        >frequency? Its currently at 7040, >

        http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/g8voi/ Firmware guide, still relevant.
        Use CFGSR to calibrate. http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/CFGSR/ setup
        here as well.