Soundblaster USB Model no.SB0300 software

  • Mike W
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2010
      Good morning folks,
      Today was my lucky day, I found a Soundblaster USB 24bit soundcard at a flea
      market for £1 ( abt $2 ), it seems to work but the drivers I've found don't
      allow the 96Khz option..
      Could SKP please send me an img file of the Soundblaster Model No. SB0300 (
      possibly Audigy ) installation CD
      Thanks, Mike G8NXD
    • Charles (WC5MC)
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2010
        Mike,

        Maybe it's a good thing you only paid a pound.

        From what I see here:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Blaster_Audigy

        That card is playback only.

        Isn't it?

        ... so you could only use it
        on the transmit side of your operations.

        The software page for it seems to be here:
        http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=205&prodID=9103&prodName=Audigy%202%20NX&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_9103,VARSET=CategoryID:1

        -- Charles WC5MC

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 15, 2010
          From: "Charles (WC5MC)"
          Subject: [softrock40] Re: Soundblaster USB Model no.SB0300 software

          >From what I see here:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Blaster_Audigy
          That card is playback only. Isn't it?

          I'm not sure.
          The 24 bit 96KHz is accessed by extra Creative software including "Device
          Control" It certainly will not work duplex in that mode so can only be used
          for RX. Windows update often gives device drivers. Go to the site.

          However I think they may work OK at 48KHz 16 bit.