Re: [softrock40]Sending I & Q over internet?

  • Jojo Vicencio DU1VHY
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 1, 2010
      SDR on the web:
      http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
      http://www.w4mq.com

      jojo

      --- On Mon, 2/1/10, Ken , VK7KRJ <vk7krj@...> wrote:

      From: Ken , VK7KRJ <vk7krj@...>
      Subject: Re: [softrock40]Sending I & Q over internet?
      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 6:04 PM

      Thanks for the suggestions guys- it seems I wasn't using the right search
      criteria in google- I now have a lot of reading and playing to do!

      At 2010-02-01 05:31, you wrote:

      >Have you tried SDR-Radio? It brings the entire spectrum back and has its
      >own waterfall display. It also use very little BW.
      >
      >SDR-Radio.com

      Cheers, Ken
      vk7krj@users. tasmanet. com.au
      www.vk7krj.com

      'It seems hard to sneak a look at God's cards. But that He plays dice and uses
      "telepathic" methods .... is something that I cannot believe for a single
      moment.' (Einstein's famous quote on Quantum theory)

      -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

    • Rob Frohne
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 2, 2010
        You might also look at websdr.org.

        73,

        Rob, KL7NA

        At 2010-02-01 05:31, you wrote:

        >Have you tried SDR-Radio? It brings the entire spectrum back and has its
        >own waterfall display. It also use very little BW.
        >
        >SDR-Radio.com

        Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.
        E.F. Cross School of Engineering
        Walla Walla University
        100 SW 4th Street
        College Place, WA 99324
        (509) 527-2075			 http://people.wallawalla.edu/~rob.frohne

      • John Melton
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 2, 2010
          Sending the I/Q data stream over the internet will require a large
          bandwidth. Assume you are sampling 24 bit samples at 96000 samples
          persecond. This will require 2*24*96000 bps which is 4608000 bps.

          For my remote software for HPSDR I am performing the DSP processing on
          the server and the client is requesting 480 spectrum samples 10 times
          per second where each sample is taking 8 bits. There is currently a 48
          byte header so the spectrum rate is (489_48)*10*8 bps which is 42240
          bps. At the same time it is streaming the audio at 8000 8bit aLaw
          samples which works out to be 64000 bps. The combined rate is therefore
          106240 bps which is much more sustainable over the internet.

          There is currently a prototype Java client that can run as an Applet in
          a browser page or as a stand alone application using Java Web Start.
          Currently it will only allow one user in at a time to restrict the
          uplink bandwith on my ADSL so if you start the Applet and it just sits
          there then wait and eventually you should get in.

          You will need Java enabled in your browser along with the Java 6 plugin
          to be able to run the Applet.

          http://g0orx.homelinux.net/jmonitor.html

          the server may be unavailable at times when I am testing new versions of
          the code.

          Regards,

          -- John g0orx/n6lyt

          On 02/02/10 17:42, Rob Frohne wrote:

          > You might also look at websdr.org.
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > Rob, KL7NA
          >
          > On 02/01/2010 02:04 AM, Ken , VK7KRJ wrote:
          >

          >> Thanks for the suggestions guys- it seems I wasn't using the right search
          >> criteria in google- I now have a lot of reading and playing to do!
          >>
          >> At 2010-02-01 05:31, you wrote:
          >>
          >> >Have you tried SDR-Radio? It brings the entire spectrum back and has its
          >> >own waterfall display. It also use very little BW.
          >> >
          >> >SDR-Radio.com

        • Barry Michels
          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 2, 2010
            I'd love to be able to run my own WebSDR server. I contacted Pieter,
            PA3FWM, and was told my internet connection wasn't good enough to host a
            site, so I couldn't have a copy of the software. Guess I'll have to
            wait till it is released....

            Barry - KE4JUC