More on the Cakewalk FA-66

  • aseatanner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2010
      Now that I have decided to purchase a FA-66, the plot thickens! I have looked around on the web for an Edirol Fa-66, and most suppliers do not have them in stock, and some say the model has been discontinued. I spoke with a retailer asking if one was in stock, and he didn't have it, but called Roland to see if he could get one. He was told that the Edirol version HAS been discontinued, and the Cakewalk version will not be available until April 2010. And he thinks the price will remain the same, but he is not sure. The Cakewalk FA-66 will come with a bundle of music software that the Edirol did not have, so they may try to charge more for it. Anyway, I thought this group would like to have this information.
      --Chuck K3ACT
    • Robert Brown
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2010
        Chuck,

        Always have a good look at secondhand music equipment sale websites. Musicians regard the FA-66 as yesterday's model, so it sells for peanuts.

        I picked mine up for £95 UK and that was over a year ago.

        -Rob
      • Robert Melville
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010

          Sent from my iPod