Interference from PC?

  • observer35
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 17, 2005
      Hi all,

      Just new to the group.

      Does anybody experience interference from the PC on 40 meters?

      What about noise and garbage on the 5 V USB line?

      73 Rein W6/PA0ZN

      http://www.nitehawk.com/linrad_dat/
    • Bob Hillard
      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 29, 2005
        Rein,

        When I operate on the low bands (40M thru 160M) I have to turn off my
        PC's. In fact I sometimes have had to unplug them completely, as the
        power supply isn't completely off when the On/Off switch is in the Off
        position.

        I found the problem to be caused by the computer's switching power
        supply. In fact I lost a power supply in one of my computers recenly,
        and replaced it with a better grade supply, and then was happy to find
        that the noise from that computer was gone.

        Try unplugging your computer completely and see if that quiets things
        down.

        Bob WA6UFQ