Re: [softrock40] Re: psdr-iq 1.19.3.14 question

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 12, 2010
    Not sure why attachment did not make it... trying again...

    Bruce Tanner wrote:
    > PSDR-IQ V119314-FA-66
    >
    > Attached is a screen shot of currently running V. 1.19.3.14 of PSDR-IQ.
    > The input is from Softrock V6.2 RX/TX 80/40 meters with Tony's initial,
    > USB-I2C interface. I am using Windows XP Pro SP3 (all updates) with
    > Edirol FA-66 USB audio interface set for 192 KHz resolution. I only have
    > the 'inputs' attached currently so I am using the internal MB sound
    > feature for listening. What you are seeing is our local (Lansing, MI) AM
    > Broadcast Band the current station is WILX. The other two high level
    > carriers are alternate, local AM stations. I have used the image
    > reduction controls in the 'Calibrate' menu which did make a significant
    > difference for me. I see/hear no problems at this point other than
    > occasional distorted audio which is caused by high CPU use and
    > insufficient memory in the computer. (Soon to be corrected.) I have not
    > yet attempted to set the software up for TX operation but that too will
    > come soon. I offer this only to lend hope to all who are continuing to
    > resolve issues and to offer feedback to Christos. Thanks and keep up the
    > fine work for all of the amateur community!
    >
    > Bruce, K2BET
    > ------------------

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 2 of 20 , Jan 12, 2010
      Correction on the station call in case anyone looks it up... it should
      be 'WXLA'!
      ---------
      Bruce Tanner wrote:
      > Not sure why attachment did not make it... trying again...
      >
      > Bruce Tanner wrote:
      >
      >> PSDR-IQ V119314-FA-66
      >>
      >> Attached is a screen shot of currently running V. 1.19.3.14 of PSDR-IQ.
      >> The input is from Softrock V6.2 RX/TX 80/40 meters with Tony's initial,
      >> USB-I2C interface. I am using Windows XP Pro SP3 (all updates) with
      >> Edirol FA-66 USB audio interface set for 192 KHz resolution. I only have
      >> the 'inputs' attached currently so I am using the internal MB sound
      >> feature for listening. What you are seeing is our local (Lansing, MI) AM
      >> Broadcast Band the current station is WILX. The other two high level
      >> carriers are alternate, local AM stations. I have used the image
      >> reduction controls in the 'Calibrate' menu which did make a significant
      >> difference for me. I see/hear no problems at this point other than
      >> occasional distorted audio which is caused by high CPU use and
      >> insufficient memory in the computer. (Soon to be corrected.) I have not
      >> yet attempted to set the software up for TX operation but that too will
      >> come soon. I offer this only to lend hope to all who are continuing to
      >> resolve issues and to offer feedback to Christos. Thanks and keep up the
      >> fine work for all of the amateur community!
      >>
      >> Bruce, K2BET
      >> ------------------
      >> uli wrote:

      > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4765 (20100112) __________

      > http://www.eset.com

    • Denis AUQUEBON
      Message 3 of 20 , Jan 12, 2010

        Hi folks,

        i have exactly the same problem as Uli DF5SF.
        Carrier -73 dBm .....> img : -80 dBm

        test did with psdr-iq 1.19.3.15  - Vista - PC dual core 2 GHz -
        Go RAM . Rx : YU1LM DR2A++ , also tested with SR V9 for same result.

        Anyway, thanks Christos for nice job and ham spirit.
        73 Denis F6CRP

      • pe1pfw
        Message 4 of 20 , Jan 13, 2010
          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Denis AUQUEBON <denis.f6crp@...> wrote:

          > Hi folks,
          >
          > i have exactly the same problem as Uli DF5SF.
          > Carrier -73 dBm .....> img : -80 dBm
          >
          > test did with psdr-iq 1.19.3.15  - Vista - PC dual core 2 GHz -
          > Go RAM . Rx : YU1LM DR2A++ , also tested with SR V9 for same result.
          >
          > Anyway, thanks Christos for nice job and ham spirit.
          > 73 Denis F6CRP

          I had the same problem. Just switch off the ground lift switches at the bottom of the unit. The image-rejection works than perfectly !

          73 Bart
        • Bruce Tanner
          Message 5 of 20 , Jan 13, 2010
            Christos, I just finished my first CW QSO using your new software
            version with a Softrock 6.2 RX/TX and interfaced with an Edirol FA-66.
            Your suggested *pdf file was very helpful and the set up was easy as pie
            with FA-66.

            The QSO was with WD4MSM who was running 5 Watts from South Bend, IN a
            couple hundred miles from here, on 3560 KHz. That works pretty slick and
            will be my favorite from now on. I think it should be pretty easy to
            hook up a mic and set it up for SSB but it is a little late for that
            tonight.

            I did notice that I do not get any 'Foreward RF' showing on the meter.
            It just remains at "0" even though I am showing over 1 Watt out on a
            Heathkit QRP meter. Not sure why that is but perhaps one of the
            unfinished functions. I did have the setting correct and when changing
            it to "ALC" I was able to see a reading of around '30' but I did not
            watch that for very long. Come to think of it, I think the setting for
            TX power was set for 10 Watts. If that setting effects the calibration
            of the TX meter perhaps that is the issue! :)

            Thanks again for your application of time and skills on our behalf. Nice
            program!

            Bruce, K2BET
            ----------------------
            sv1eia wrote:

            > Peter,
            >
            > >From the list of supported cards IMHO only D44 and FA66 are decent.
            > For the others, apart from the specific device drivers that I've seen
            > in some posts they do need, you have to be aware that connections
            > might be different from what you think tehy should be. So check again
            > what are the real IQ inputs and outputs by trying alternate port
            > input/output cabling.
            >
            > 73,
            > Christos SV1EIA
            >
            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, "Peter Johnson" <m1bcv@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Christos and All.
            > >
            > > I have been running PSDR-IQ v1.12.20 with a Softrock V9 receiver with a
            > > Creative Extigy USB with
            > > ASIO drivers and everything is working fine.
            > >
            > > De-Installed PSDR-IQ v1.12.20 and installed PSDR-IQ v1.19.3.14 on
            > the setup
            > > menu told it to use the
            > > Creative Extigy USB and I have no sound output and no waterfall display.
            > >
            > > I have tried various settings but have not got anywhere still know
            > sound.
            > >
            > > Has anybody any suggestions or is anybody else using the EXTIGY USB
            > with
            > > success.
            > >
            > > Re-Installed PSDR-IQ v1.12.20 and everything works fine again.
            > >
            > > Regards Peter F1VKK

            > signature database 4765 (20100112) __________

            > http://www.eset.com
          • Peter Johnson
            Message 6 of 20 , Jan 13, 2010
              Hi Christos.

              Sorry for the late reply.

              Success removed all references to PSDR-IQ from system
              Cleaned registry and installed PSDR 1.19.3.15.
              And everything burst into life fantastic.

              Regards Peter F1VKK