Re: [softrock40] PSDR Audio connections

  • Lucijan Franin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 12, 2010
    Hello Doug!

    One picture 100 words.. please look my set up in attached pictures. This is best working combination at my setup and I also have TX on CW and SSB. VOX can not work with "unsuported" sound card so we must use KEY as PTT> good hint!

    Hope I help a bit. ..  please come back with result.  My suggestion is to left Vista and use W 7.

    From: Mr Doug - <dsc3507@yahoo. com>
    Subject: [softrock40] PSDR Audio connections
    To: softrock40@yahoogro ups.com
    Date: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 4:47 AM

    OK will ask this question again in a different way.

    Using a EMU 0202 with PSDR. Works fine at 48khz using DirectSound and can VAC to my internal audio card for speaker audio.

    When using 96 or 192khz sample rates with PSDR it is necessary to use the supplied ASIO drivers. The allows only input and output to the EMU 0202. Setting any VAC redirection to any other card or driver results in an error.

    Is anyone running the EMU 0202 or similar 2 channel USB box? Is there a way to use the internal sound card for speakers?

    Doug

  • Mr Doug -
    Message 2 of 9 , Jan 12, 2010
      Lucijan,

          Thanks for the screens and I did try to set it up that way but had no audio to my speakers.  Can you also describe how you are connecting all the cables??

      I am not sure I understand how you specify the EMU 0202 for input in primary but then in VAC you say the Realtek is input.

      This may be a Vista issue or in my be my soundcard combination. I just know if I say ASIO then that is exclusive. Where are you listening to the RX? Out of the 0202 or the Realtek?

      Is the sound handling that much different in W7?

      Doug

      One picture 100 words.. please look my set up in attached pictures. This is best working combination at my setup and I also have TX on CW and SSB. VOX can not work with "unsuported" sound card so we must use KEY as PTT> good hint!

      Hope I help a bit. ..  please come back with result.  My suggestion is to left Vista and use W 7..

      I am using EMU 0202 and also VAC working well on XP. My setup use internal sound device but NO on ASIO but  MME or direct driver.

      Also you must use original ASIO drivers for EMU ( you will see in device nam EMU 0202).

      Hope this can help.
      From home I can give you more details. ( now on workplace).

      73s de Luci , 9A1Z

      Message 3 of 9 , Jan 12, 2010
        OK got it.  In Vista I have never been able to get MME to work in PSDR. So selected DirectSound in VAC with ASIO in primary 192khz. I do have to set about a 2-4 latency in primary screen.

        Ok Still would like to know your hardware (cable) connections for this setup. I am still not understanding selecting the input in VAC. I understand the output but this is an input that nothing is connected to, at least in my RX setup.

        Doug

        One picture 100 words.. please look my set up in attached pictures. This is best working combination at my setup and I also have TX on CW and SSB. VOX can not work with "unsuported" sound card so we must use KEY as PTT> good hint!

        Hope I help a bit. ..  please come back with result.  My suggestion is to left Vista and use W 7..

        I am using EMU 0202 and also VAC working well on XP. My setup use internal sound device but NO on ASIO but  MME or direct driver.

        Also you must use original ASIO drivers for EMU ( you will see in device nam EMU 0202).

        Hope this can help.
        From home I can give you more details. ( now on workplace).

        73s de Luci , 9A1Z

        Message 4 of 9 , Jan 13, 2010
          Hello Doug !
          Nice that your SDR works now. It is tricky that we can not use ASIO EMU 0202 for input and internal card for output on main sound card. ( or mixing ASIO devices ).

          Whit setup I described I listening same time on both cards. (My SDR have sound speaker).
          On transmit this output become are IQ transmit line toward SDR.
          On VAC, audio card utput is for RX and nput is for MIC for voice transmition.

          I am also curios  how this works on supported sound cards like D44.

          73s Luci , 9A1Z

[...]

          From home I can give you more details. ( now on workplace).

          73s de Luci , 9A1Z

          Message 5 of 9 , Jan 13, 2010
            my delta 44 with powersdr

            output 1,2 are the I/Q to the radio
            3, 4 are the audio output to powered speakers..

            input 1,2 is the I/Q in from the radio,
            3 is is the mic input.

            Poweresdr was pretty much originally built around the Delta 44.

            w9Ray

            > I am also curios how this works on supported sound cards like D44.
            >
            > 73s Luci , 9A1Z

          • Lucijan Franin
            Message 6 of 9 , Jan 14, 2010
              Hi Ray!

              Thanks for explanation and yes, we were warn about possible problems if we use different cards.  But when you start with SDR  you have in mind just idea to see this nice band panoramas and you forget all and you bay first sound card in your local shop. But when I am looking extreme effort of our software programmers I am sure that problem will be solved in moment when AD conversion  will be done in radio itself.

              Luci , 9a1z