Re: [softrock40] Re: New PowerSDR-IQ 1.19.3.2 version OK in Vista with USBtoI2C and CW key/paddle/PTT

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 5, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 233 KB
    Christos, I have it now working with WinXP Pro - SP3; Audio is an Edirol
    UA-1EX external USB interface. Using the I2C-USB which is spot on and
    working all bands. Rig is an SR 6.3 RX/TX. You are seeing a local AM
    broadcast station on the attach screen shot.

    Very nice work. I did have a few issues to resolve at first and not sure
    what the problems were but it wanted to freeze with an 'unknown error'.
    I needed to go to the 'Win Task Manager' to shut it down. At this point
    all issues seem to have been overcome. Wish I could contribute some info
    as to what was happening. May have been properly configuring the audio
    inputs. Had not opened up the skins at first either but once I installed
    those I really like the appearance. Thanks!

    Bruce, K2BET

    sv1eia wrote:

    > Hi Doug,
    >
    > Thanks for testing and reporting.
    >
    > It looks to me that your system might has some gremlins.. :-) I had
    > quite a few reports that even this 1.19.3.2 was working without all
    > the funny things you describe.
    > Anyway though, since I had some feedback on other issues for Vista so
    > I've deprecated the 1.19.3.2.
    > Now a new improved (hopefully) one is on the downloads list,
    > the 1.19.3.6.
    > This one is tested ok on my VistaSP2 system having full USBtoI2C
    > control, Si570 frequency, CW key/paddles, PTT all working on an old
    > style USB_I2C little board.
    > And also some minor changes done in setup guidance and internal
    > USBtoI2C open/close handling.
    >
    > For those reporting not being able to control the Si570 frequency, SR
    > button (Spurious Reduction) needs to be UN-checked, it is checked in
    > its initial value.
    >
    > Hopefully someone can provide a step by step guide on the required
    > setup for those not so familiar with PSDR-IQ.
    >
    > Enjoy & 73,
    > Christos SV1EIA
    >
    > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
    > <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, Mr Doug - <dsc3507@...> wrote:
    > >
    > > Christos,
    > >
    > > Looks nice but certainly not ready for prime time here. Same issues
    > as last version. Hangs, Stops working, Does not do optimization at
    > start. You get window saying it does but never does computation. Gives
    > USB error. Says it cannot find interface. I was able to use CFGSR.exe
    > to tune but program hung and did funny things.
    > >

    > > Doug

  • sv1eia
    Message 33 of 33 , Jan 14, 2010
      Hi Gene,

      I think I've seen reports with success in W7, but dont remember well though.

      Also I do not have W7 here so cannot be much of help on this.

      I hope that someone with similar setup can give some assistance here.

      73,
      Christos SV1EIA