Re: [softrock40] First Contact

  • Jeffrey Peters
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
      Excellent Dave,

      While it might be a little harder from the far east coast. Last winter I was able to
      work CW WAS on 40 at 400mW from Michigan with my RXTX v6.2 transceiver
      and a dipole antenna. You never know what the magic of QRP will do!

      73, Jeff - K9JP SKCC #3008T

      On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Dave and Connie <dmatt@...> wrote:

      I finally made a contact with my Softrock RXTX 6.3. I also finally gave
      up on my dipole in the trees and put up a $10 vertical just before
      making the contact. 20 meters from Retsof, NY to Neely, MS using Rocky
      and PSK31. I am getting just about 1 watt output according to my
      scope. That is about 4 watts than I used to run on CW quite a few years
      ago.

      It may not be too impressive to those of you that have been playing with
      these things for a while but I am happy.

      Dave
      KB2YWT