RXTX PA build testing of T201/T202?

  • Ronald Wagner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2010

      All,

      I’m stepping through the build of my first PA/Filter module for the RXTX v6.3 and have some discrepancies relative to the build instructions.

      For testing of T201 the instructions say to check for isolation between primary and secondary by checking resistance between P200/pin1 and Q203 gate.  >20K is OK.  Should this be effectively infinite?  That’s what I get and I think you’re measuring through both Q203 and D200 or Q204.

      Likewise for testing on T202, the instructions say to check the resistance between pins 4 & 5 of P201. >20K is OK, 0 is bad.  Isn’t this test dependant on the polarity of your continuity checker?  In one case I get an open circuit, but reversing the leads gives me more like 1.5K.  Are those values OK?

      Should I continue on or do I have a problem with T201 or T202?

      Ron