Re: [softrock40] SDR-Widget-lite ALPHA - status report

  • George Boudreau
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2010
      Rats
         This is a direct link to the sdr-widget info page.

      http://tinyurl.com/yknupj4

      From: George Boudreau <georgeboudreau@ ymail.com>
      To: softrock40@yahoogro ups.com

      Hi

        The curious can now view the contents of the sdr-widget group without being a member. Have a look at the following page where you will find info and pictures of a completed SDR-Widget-lite set.  The cpu board shows a program driving the leds. (signs of life)  Once the holidays are behind us coding will begin in earnest.

      http://groups. google.com/ group/sdr- widget/web/ sdr-widget- hardware? hl=en

      Regards
        George

      From: alexle188 <lee188@singnet. com.sg>
      To: softrock40@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Saturday, 26 December, 2009, 2:31 PM

      Hi all,

      The SDR-Widget-lite (a scaled down Rx only version of the SDR-Widget) ALPHA development has reached a major milestone.

      For those who are not familiar with the SDR-Widget project, see

      http://code. google.com/ p/sdr-widget/

      It provides (1) rig control functions and (2) a 192khz/24bit "sound card", through a single high speed USB connection.

      The SDR-Widget-lite is a two pcb project:

      (1) YC-UC3A3 is the cpu board, with an Atmel AT32UC3A3 uController.
      (2) YC-AK5394 is the ADC board, with the 192khz/24bit ADC

      We now have at least 3 of the cpu board running a "blink the led" test program. The test programs are loaded via the USB port, using the factory installed bootloader program called DFU. Thus there is no need to use a hardware programmer.

      The next step is the development of the firmware to transfer the 192khz/24bit samples from the AK5394A chip through I2S to the uController, and then to transfer the samples through the high speed USB port to the PC.

      A limited number of sets of pcb's (both 1 and 2) are still available, and we are organising a group buy of the parts.

      Some of us in the core development team have offered to pre-solder the hard to solder parts (the LQFP-144 uController and the 0603 caps) to interested HAMs who would like to join the development team, but are a bit hesitant because of the tricky soldering. You just have to pay for the return postage costs.

      If you are interested to join in at this stage (ALPHA), please send me a private email and we can discuss.

      73's

      Alex