SoftRocks for Sale

  • Ben Hall
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
      Good morning all,

      First of all, Happy New Year! In looking forward to the new year, I've
      come to the conclusion that work and family commitments require me to
      pare down my hobbies a bit.

      I've got a bunch of older softrock kits that I'll never get around to
      assembling. Rather than them sit in a plastic bin from now until the
      end of time, I figure I'll offer them for sale here.

      But I want to do it in a rather unusual and fun way. I know that there
      are many people here who have wanted to buy a softrock but have not been
      able to buy one due to the high demand. They've missed the e-mail, were
      on vacation, etc...

      So here's what I'm going to do - these will be offered via the "Rules of
      Ware." Let me explain what this is - Larry Ware was active in the US
      Boatanchor community when I started collecting them. He would offer
      items for sale NOT to the first person to respond with an "I'll buy it!"
      or to the highest bidder but would take a few days to see who would
      write the best story. The person with the best story, either true or
      fictional, would get the item. Of course, judging of what was the best
      story was at his discretion.

      The idea was that Larry would sell the item while having a bit of fun.
      Larry was a great guy and a real credit to the Boatanchor community.
      Sadly, he disappeared from the Boatanchor community to never be heard
      from again.

      In Larry's honor I offer the following for sale via the Rules of Ware:

      * Softrock V5, 20m, $5 including shipping in the US.

      * Softrock V5, 40m, $5 including shipping in the US.

      * SRV6.2 LITE for 10.7 MHz IF use, $10 including shipping in the US.

      * RXTX 6.1, 40m/30m, $15 including shipping in the US.

      * RXTX 6.1, 160m, $15 including shipping in the US.

      * RXTX 6.2, 10/12m with daughter board, $20 including shipping in the US.

      * RXTX 6.2, 15/17m, $20 including shipping in the US.

      I'll keep this open until the end of the week (7 JAN 2009) with the idea
      of putting everything into the mail on the 8th.

      PLEASE reply directly to kd5byb@... with your inquiry/story.

      thanks much and 73,
      ben
      --