K2 + SoftRock help

  • Dohn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
      Guys,
      I have a Elecraft K2 I built that has been idle for some time as I've been working on the MOBO and a couple v6.3's.

      I was wondering just what SR items I would need in order to take advantage of all the things they do and combine that with the outstanding operation of the K2?

      I guess one would be attempting to make a panadaptor of sorts. What programs can I use to combine these two outstanding pieces of equipment?

      Are there some specific files in the files area describing this process? Is there a site(s) that have information specific to incorporation of the K2 and SR equipment?

      What can be done with them?

      Dohn N8EWY
    • Ben Hall
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
        Good morning all,

        First of all, Happy New Year! In looking forward to the new year, I've
        come to the conclusion that work and family commitments require me to
        pare down my hobbies a bit.

        I've got a bunch of older softrock kits that I'll never get around to
        assembling. Rather than them sit in a plastic bin from now until the
        end of time, I figure I'll offer them for sale here.

        But I want to do it in a rather unusual and fun way. I know that there
        are many people here who have wanted to buy a softrock but have not been
        able to buy one due to the high demand. They've missed the e-mail, were
        on vacation, etc...

        So here's what I'm going to do - these will be offered via the "Rules of
        Ware." Let me explain what this is - Larry Ware was active in the US
        Boatanchor community when I started collecting them. He would offer
        items for sale NOT to the first person to respond with an "I'll buy it!"
        or to the highest bidder but would take a few days to see who would
        write the best story. The person with the best story, either true or
        fictional, would get the item. Of course, judging of what was the best
        story was at his discretion.

        The idea was that Larry would sell the item while having a bit of fun.
        Larry was a great guy and a real credit to the Boatanchor community.
        Sadly, he disappeared from the Boatanchor community to never be heard
        from again.

        In Larry's honor I offer the following for sale via the Rules of Ware:

        * Softrock V5, 20m, $5 including shipping in the US.

        * Softrock V5, 40m, $5 including shipping in the US.

        * SRV6.2 LITE for 10.7 MHz IF use, $10 including shipping in the US.

        * RXTX 6.1, 40m/30m, $15 including shipping in the US.

        * RXTX 6.1, 160m, $15 including shipping in the US.

        * RXTX 6.2, 10/12m with daughter board, $20 including shipping in the US.

        * RXTX 6.2, 15/17m, $20 including shipping in the US.

        I'll keep this open until the end of the week (7 JAN 2009) with the idea
        of putting everything into the mail on the 8th.

        PLEASE reply directly to kd5byb@... with your inquiry/story.

        thanks much and 73,
        ben
        --