Icom-718 With SoftRock At 455khz ID?

  • Grover_Cleveland
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2009
      I have seen some forum msgs on using a Softrock receiver at the 455khz of an Icom 718. Understand that roofing filters limit panoramic range.

      Any issues tapping IF?

      Source for Softrock xtal and parameters?

      I presently have a Softrock tapped into the 8mhz IF of a TS-520S just before its xtal filter and agc. Wrong Softrock xtal freq (stock 40m xtal) but not xmiting thus not a problem. Works well but stability is not as good as new stuff for PSK and other digital modes. Looks like a used 718 may be best route for that plus adding 17 meters. Will use KGKSDR software since it works with Windows7.

      Dick N3HKN