Re: Linux SDR Software with Softrock - a summary of recent personal experience

  • alexle188
    Message 1 of 59 , Dec 1, 2009
      > separate unsynchronized sound cards. To remediate this I am using the
      > audioadapter plugin in jack2. The plugin was originally designed to be
      > used with netjack on a slave PC. All it does is to get a jack audio
      > stream, resample it, and deliver the stream to a native ALSA device. In
      > jack1, there are the alsa_in and alsa_out tools that accomplishes

      Hi Edson,

      Thanks for the info. jack2 is not part of the standard Ubuntu distro so I have just downloaded the source jack-1.9.4. Will compile and install it. The default install of jack2 REPLACES jack1. Is that a problem for SDR-Shell? ie. shall I figure out a way to install jack2 without overwriting jack1? It has something to do with the "automatic start server option" and dbus, presumably if both jack2 and jack1 co-exist (if at all possible), "automatic start server option" would not know which one (ie 1 or 2) to start :-(

      Running 2 of sdr-core should not be a problem as far as cpu utilization is concerned.

      73's

      Alex
    • andrew.nilsson
      Message 59 of 59 , Dec 13, 2009
        Thanks for that Alex. I definitely need to upgrade to jack 2 if I'm going to progress further.

        I'll have a look at the later versions of sdr shell. I think I'm quite upto date with sdr-core. My problem was with the conversions from pipes to sockets, somehow it kept changing frequency without any input. If I can do away with that it would be better.

        Andrew