Re: [softrock40] Internal Sound Card is Mic Stereo?

  • Mr Doug -
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2009
      Ok... here is where I currently stand... Since much of this is OS specific hopefully there will be someone who can offer an answer...

      My MB is an intel 975BX2 - several years old. Using Vista with all updates and service packs. I had Sigmatel High Definition audio drivers. I went to the Intel site and using their update utility it told me my audio drivers were out of date. Downloaded new drivers - now IDT drivers and control panel. Set everything up. Line IN now works BUT...

      Both MME and Direct Sound Vista interfaces are choppy even at 48 KHZ with PowerSDR 1.12.20  - I had been using ASIO4ALL 2.9 with the single channel mic input and it worked up to 192khz with no choppiness in Vista but of course one channel mic in is not the correct interface.

      Problem - I cannot get Line in to work with asio4all. It has no selection in it's menu for line in. Line In is selected in PowerSDR SW.

      Questions -

      Can I get line in to work with asio4all and powerSDR ?

      Should Vista work in mme or direct sound mode with PowerSDR without this    choppiness?

      Machine is dual core and when experiencing the choppiness the CPU use is less than 40%.

      Additional info - SDRadio SW seems to work fine. It does not give interface option but does not use asio4all.  Seems to play fine - line input at 96khz.  So this choppiness issue might be more a PowerSDR issue???

      Doug