SDR-Shell now works for the USB Softrock Receivers using usbsoftrock....

  • Rob Frohne
    Message 1 of 59 , Nov 21, 2009
      Hi Everyone,

      I haven't done a lot of testing on it yet, but I think I have sdr-shell
      (my sdr-for-if branch) tuning with the usbsoftrock provided by Andrew,
      VK6JBL via UDP. If you want to try it you can get it from svn at:

      svn checkout
      */http/*://sdr-shell.googlecode.com/svn/branches/sdr-for-if/
      sdr-shell-read-only

      You also need Andrew's usbsoftrock software which is available in this
      group's Files section under VK6JBL, dttsp (the UDP version), and of
      course a USB controlled softrock receiver. You need QT3, I think, to
      compile it, and I think all you need to do is:

      $ qmake
      $ make

      To run the software, you need to edit the start_rx script, then start
      usbsoftrock with the -d option and then start_rx.

      If you have difficulties, I am willing to try and figure them out, and
      if you find bugs, I'd appreciate a note about them.

      Thanks, especially to Edson, Andrew, Fred, Bob and Frank for their
      software that this is based on, and thanks to Tony and the others who
      made the hardware available!

      73,

      Rob, KL7NA

      --
      Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.
      E.F. Cross School of Engineering
      Message 59 of 59 , Dec 13, 2009
        Thanks for that Alex. I definitely need to upgrade to jack 2 if I'm going to progress further.

        I'll have a look at the later versions of sdr shell. I think I'm quite upto date with sdr-core. My problem was with the conversions from pipes to sockets, somehow it kept changing frequency without any input. If I can do away with that it would be better.

        Andrew