Re: [softrock40] Use of version 6 on another frequency

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
      Hi Clive,

      In the case of your 8.215MHZ IF frequency the crystal frequencies of 32.764
      MHz or 32.956 MHz would provide the center frequencies 24 kHz offset from
      your IF frequency. This assumes your soundcard can sample at 96 kHz.
      Another possibility is sub-harmonic sampling where the (IF frequency +24 kHz
      or -24 kHz) is multiplied by 4/3 (or 8/3 with the v6.0 SoftRock) to get to
      the possible crystal frequencies.

      If your soundcard can only do 48 kHz sampling then the center frequencies
      would need to be (IF frequency +12 kHz or -12 kHz) but this might result in
      a portion of your pass band tuning being noisy.

      Please post how the SoftRock works for you in the IF application.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
        Thanks for that Tony. I will certainly post my results. I will have a
        sort through my stock of crystals to see if I have anything suitable. I
        belive you said that you will deliver my V6 kit towards tyhe end oif
        April. So if I have not got aa suitable crystal. I can get one on order.

        73 Clive G0PPO