Re: [softrock40] sdr

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 2, 2009
      Alun, for beginners, be sure to have the Softrock powered up first (12
      Volts) and then plug in the USB connector after words.

      Bruce, K2BET
      -

      Alun wrote:

      > hi all i have just set up me softrock and when i go to power it up all
      > that it tells could not initalize dg8saq usb interface can any one
      > help me tnx alun gw0fjq

      > signature database 4566 (20091102) __________

      > http://www.eset.com
    • g8voip
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 2, 2009
        Hi Alun,

        Which SoftRock are you using? I assume it's probably the v9.0 RX, if so which version of the firmware are you using and what SDR program you are trying to run when you get the error?

        Sounds like perhaps you do not have the USB driver installed, or are not using the correct version.

        You can download the USB driver from Fred PE0FKO's firmware page in the section 'Installing the PC driver software'

        http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/

        Once you have the USB driver installed and got the interface correctly recognised by the PC, the firmware default state is to support the v9.0 RX and switched BPF filter module, so no changes are necessary.

        If you need to make any changes or just want some more information about using the firmware, take a read of the 'Firmware Users Guide' and hopefully that should provide some guidance.

        You can download the user guide from Fred PE0FKO's website:

        http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/g8voi/

        One thing that has now changed and I am in the process of making an updated supplement for the user guide, instead of having to use Winrad to configure the firmware, there is now a new stand alone configuration program called 'CFGSR' which you can download from:

        http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/CFGSR/

        Hope that helps,

        73, Bob G8VOI

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alun" <GW0FJQ@...> wrote:

        > hi all i have just set up me softrock and when i go to power it up all that it tells could not initalize dg8saq usb interface can any one help me tnx alun gw0fjq

      • FRANCIS H
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 4, 2012
          hello to the group
          i think i have asked the group before about this .. anyway . as anyone got a softrock rx v9 or any up and running softrocks for sale .. i looked on ebay , but cant find any that are not in kit form .. if you can help . please email me with price and shipping .thanks in addvance
        • Jose Bonanca
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 4, 2012
            Yes. I have one that I can dispense...
             please make an offer but keep in mind ther shipping costs that are at least 10...

            73

            --
            Jose (Ct1aos)
          • FRANCIS HODGE
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 4, 2012
              hi jose .. this came to my spam folder .. anyway i do not no what you have for sale . and i could nott tell you how much to offer . please tell me what softrock you have . and have you a price in mind .. and can you find out the shipping for me please . and can i pay you by paypal??

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 4, 2012
                If it went to your spam folder then you have the softrock forum directed to that folder...
                I cannot remember how much I paid to Tony.  It has an si570 and id a v9   receiver... I also have several rxtx 6.2. that I can dispense...
                shipping costs for the v9 is 10. so please make thet offer and I will consider  to be ok or not..... no discussions please...

                73

                On 4 December 2012 15:12, FRANCIS HODGE <francishodge@...> wrote:

                hi jose .. this came to my spam folder .. anyway i do not no what you have for sale . and i could nott tell you how much to offer . please tell me what softrock you have . and have you a price in mind .. and can you find out the shipping for me please . and can i pay you by paypal??

                 please make an offer but keep in mind ther shipping costs that are at least 10...

                73

                On 4 December 2012 14:53, FRANCIS H <francishodge@...> wrote:

                hello to the group
                i think i have asked the group before about this .. anyway . as anyone got a softrock rx v9 or any up and running softrocks for sale .. i looked on ebay , but cant find any that are not in kit form .. if you can help . please email me with price and shipping .thanks in addvance

                -- Jose (Ct1aos)

                --
                Jose (Ct1aos)
              • FRANCIS HODGE

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 4, 2012
                    Hi Francis .

                    If you go to Tonys website.
                    http://fivedash.com/
                    He is advertising the Built SoftRock RX Ensemble II HF Receiver $92.00

                    Regards Peter F1VKK

                    On 04/12/2012 15:53, FRANCIS H wrote:
                    hello to the group
                     i think i have asked the group before about this .. anyway . as anyone got a softrock rx v9 or any up and running softrocks for sale .. i looked on ebay , but cant find any that are not in kit form .. if you can help . please email me with price and shipping .thanks in addvance

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)