Re: [softrock40] Kit shipments in November
- Just waiting and watching never have been able to get the 6m/2/m kits.Tony you say you have the board now for the v9.0 and v6.3 when will the complete kits become available.ThankMatt Parkinson Military Equipment & R 390A Depot Center
- Tony said "Hopefully, a limited number of the v9.0 receiver kits and RXTX kits will soon be available" so I guess that's all he knows for sure - "soon".
definition of "soon":
adverb, -er, -est.
1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.
2. before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.
3. promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.
4. readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.
5. early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.
6. Obsolete. immediately; at once; forthwith.
7. sooner or later, eventually: Sooner or later his luck will run out.
8. would sooner, to prefer to: I would sooner not go to their party. Compare rather
I would expect Tony means number 1 or 2 in this case... or perhaps even #7 - as in "eventually", but not #3. BUT... it will happen:)
73 de Ken H> K9FV
--- In email@example.com, "mparkinson1" <mparkinson1@...> wrote:
> Just waiting and watching never have been able to get the 6m/2/m kits.
> Tony you say you have the board now for the v9.0 and v6.3 when will the complete kits become available.
> Matt Parkinson Military Equipment & R 390A Depot Center
- On 02/11/09 17:46, kb9yig wrote:
>Circumstances beyond your control, Tony. Just hoping the Si570 supply
> Good Morning All,
> I now have additional circuit boards for the following kits:
> v9.0 Lite+USB Xtall kit, Electronically Switched BPF kit,
> v6.3 RXTX+Xtall kit, PA/Filter kits, and
> Lite II kits.
> I am planning on ordering 100 more circuit boards for the 6m_2m
> Converter kit later this week.
> Availability of CMOS Si570 devices continues to be a major problem. Kit
> shipments for the v9.0 receiver kit and the RXTX kit are on hold until
> additional Si570 devices are available. I am currently waiting on an
> order of 65 CMOS Si570 devices that have been on order since September
> 25 and recently Tom Hoflich paced another 200 CMOS Si570 devices on
> order for me.
> Hopefully, a limited number of the v9.0 receiver kits and RXTX kits will
> soon be available but after that it may be early to mid December before
> additional kits can be offered.
> Thanks for your interest in the kits and very sorry that kit
> availability has been so severly impacted in recent weeks.
> Tony KB9YIG
will improve. It's a clever device that avoids the effort to include a DDS.
73 ... Sid.
Sid Boyce ... Hamradio License G3VBV, Licensed Private Pilot
Emeritus IBM/Amdahl Mainframes and Sun/Fujitsu Servers Tech Support
Specialist, Cricket Coach
Microsoft Windows Free Zone - Linux used for all Computing Tasks