Ring the Bell! Another Softrock is completed!

  • tmac
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2009
      Hi all,
      I called all my relatives last night to get them to "share the moment".
      My wife was relieved to hear it was over, until I advised her I have three more waiting to be built. (ha)

      I had two minor show stoppers with the 80m softrock.  I had a flux joint on the opamp.  That was detected pretty quick (no output).  Fixed with a swipe of the iron.

      The other was with the computer I tried first.  The sound card doesnt seem to play well.  It is an old dell.

      The Sony VAIO laptop worked like a charm.

      I am building an RXTX slowly with my son on weekends. That will not be completed until Thanksgiving holidays.  And, I have a completed, but not-working-yet XTAL receiver that I should be able to debug and get working now that I have good comparison info from the 80m.

      I hardily recommend to any prospective softrock builders that they, first, build a single bander as a skill and confidence builder.

      73's

      Tom - WA4FYN  (looking for a discarded Altoids tin now for my 80m.  ha)