Freebee

  • Preston
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
      I have a completed, properly built Softrock Lite II for 40M that I would like to give to a ham who needs one. I am halfway through my build of an RXTX 6.3, and have the receiver working right now (WSPRing on 40M, receive, as a matter of fact.) So, the 40 Lite receiver is surplus to my needs. I have stripped off the connectors, so you'll need to put on audio, power, and antenna, but it's working very well. I prefer a ham who for physical reasons can not build one for him/herself. I got this board from Tony as a sample, and so want to send it on to the next guy.

      Please give me a short note, and I'll pick somebody. Don't worry about postage, as this thing will fit in an envelope easily.

      Anybody?

      Preston WJ2V
    • n7vhf
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
        I would like to have your 40 m softrock... I am a disable ham N7VHF...I have parkinsons disease and have extream diffitules with my hands and legs...and cant see very well either....thank you for considering disable hames......james

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Preston" <pdouglas12@...> wrote:

        > I have a completed, properly built Softrock Lite II for 40M that I would like to give to a ham who needs one. I am halfway through my build of an RXTX 6.3, and have the receiver working right now (WSPRing on 40M, receive, as a matter of fact.) So, the 40 Lite receiver is surplus to my needs. I have stripped off the connectors, so you'll need to put on audio, power, and antenna, but it's working very well. I prefer a ham who for physical reasons can not build one for him/herself. I got this board from Tony as a sample, and so want to send it on to the next guy.
        >
        > Please give me a short note, and I'll pick somebody. Don't worry about postage, as this thing will fit in an envelope easily.
        >
        > Anybody?
        >
        > Preston WJ2V

      • Preston
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
          I have my recipient folks, and he knows who he is. There were several deserving people, and I'm sorry I only had one Softrock to give.

          Preston WJ2V
        • kc0mjpcolo
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
            will you trade a built v9.0 w/ elect. switched bpf . the kit is much too small parts w/o kit builders help plus addl. cost incurred . i dont have internet at home so yes or no on my answering machine and a adress to mail it to 719-634-5223 my adress is mark hiles 3100 wood ave. lot e-7 colorado springs colorado 80907 kc0mjp thanks

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Preston" <pdouglas12@...> wrote:

            > I have a completed, properly built Softrock Lite II for 40M that I would like to give to a ham who needs one. I am halfway through my build of an RXTX 6.3, and have the receiver working right now (WSPRing on 40M, receive, as a matter of fact.) So, the 40 Lite receiver is surplus to my needs. I have stripped off the connectors, so you'll need to put on audio, power, and antenna, but it's working very well. I prefer a ham who for physical reasons can not build one for him/herself. I got this board from Tony as a sample, and so want to send it on to the next guy.
            >
            > Please give me a short note, and I'll pick somebody. Don't worry about postage, as this thing will fit in an envelope easily.
            >
            > Anybody?
            >
            > Preston WJ2V

          • Preston Douglas
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
              I called your number and left a message, as requested.  You may have missed my posting that I found someone to give the SoftRock40 Lite to already.

              I am not sure what you are seeking to trade. I am a full time practicing trial lawyer, not retired, so really do not have time to build for others, in general.  That said, is there something I can do to help you?

              Preston Douglas WJ2V

              will you trade a built v9.0 w/ elect. switched bpf . the kit is much too small parts w/o kit builders help plus addl. cost incurred . i dont have internet at home so yes or no on my answering machine and a adress to mail it to 719-634-5223 my adress is mark hiles 3100 wood ave. lot e-7 colorado springs colorado 80907 kc0mjp thanks

              --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "Preston" <pdouglas12@ ...> wrote:

              > I have a completed, properly built Softrock Lite II for 40M that I would like to give to a ham who needs one. I am halfway through my build of an RXTX 6.3, and have the receiver working right now (WSPRing on 40M, receive, as a matter of fact.) So, the 40 Lite receiver is surplus to my needs. I have stripped off the connectors, so you'll need to put on audio, power, and antenna, but it's working very well. I prefer a ham who for physical reasons can not build one for him/herself. I got this board from Tony as a sample, and so want to send it on to the next guy.
              >
              > Please give me a short note, and I'll pick somebody. Don't worry about postage, as this thing will fit in an envelope easily.
              >
              > Anybody?
              >
              > Preston WJ2V

            • Jose Bonanca
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009