Re: 455Khz QI SDR sampler for Icom IC-R100 radio kit wanted

  • g8voip
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2009
      Hi Frank,

      Tony will be able to advise you on the availability, or not of the special IF versions. The problem with the current design is availability of suitable cheap off the shelf crystals.

      I believe the SoftRock LiteIII is currently undergoing testing, and I think that is planned to cater for IF type applications using the custom programmed Si590 oscillator as the LO.

      One comment though, you would benefit from tapping off the IF before the filter in order to take full advantage of the full bandwidth of the SDR receiver and using it as a band scope / panoramic receiver.

      Using a sound card with 48kHz sampling, you would see +/-24kHz from the nominal centre frequency, or better using 96kHz sampling +/-48kHz.

      You might also need to use a buffer amplifier to isolate the output to prevent affecting the original receiver performance.

      73, Bob G8VOI