Re: [softrock40] mod sound card

  • Albertson Chris
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2009
      The bandwidth is always 1/2 the sample rate. Always.

      The sound card takes two samples 192,000 times per second. Half of
      2 X 192KHz is of course 192KHz.
      So you get just under 1/5th of a Mhz Bandwidth

      These are other SDR projects that use other D/A chips that take
      millions of samples per second and therefore can "hear"
      several Mhz of bandwidth but that equipment costs more.