Re: [softrock40] Softrock V9 + automatic BPF change

  • FRANCIS HODGE
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2009
    put this in the rocy ini file and this will give you all the bands

    Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2009
      Hi Stig,

      Checkout the SoftRock Config Tool at <http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/CFGSR/>.
      It will tel you the version and the bandfilter crossover points.

      --
      73, Fred
      PE0FKO

      2009/10/7 oz4mm <stv@...>

      Hello to the group.

      I have been looking in the old message list, concerning problems with automatic frequency shift, using Rockey V3.6. I am using a Attiny85 on the V9 board, but dont know the version. (got the kit around February 2009). Have tried manuel to kode the pins on the BPF board for frequeny change with no luck . In the Rockey frequency menu, I am only offered frequency between 3520 and 7300KHz.

      Any suggestion to solve the frequency change problem?.

      Stig

    • g8voip
      Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2009
        Hi Stig,

        There are a couple of things you need to do, or look at.

        In the Rocky set-up, you need to select the multiband option, then edit the Rocky.ini file which is in the same folder as Rocky is installed in. Add as many new centre frequencies as you need in the same format to those already there.

        When you run Rocky again, you can select the centre frequencies from the pull down to the right of the frequency display.

        The bad news is that probably the firmware you have in the ATtiny85 will not provide any control for the automatic bandswitching.

        I suspect that you will probably have the v2.0 firmware which was being shipped with the kits at that time by Tony. That version does not provide any support for Rocky.

        You can check the version by using the CFGSR program Fred PE0FKO mentioned in his posting. On the opening screen, the AVR firmware version is listed.

        Your best option is to acquire a new version of the AVR firmware, either v15.11 or the latest v15.12. Both of these by default have a mode called 'ABPF' enabled. That will provide full control of the switched BPF module for all current SDR programs including Rocky v3.6.

        All you need to do is remove the manual jumpers from the BPF module and link the P102 pins 1 and 2 to J3 pins 1 and 2 on the main v9.0 RX PCB.

        73, Bob G8VOI