Re: [softrock40] Off Topic:Looking for hams from India

  • KD5NWA
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006
      Most likely the message does not come from him.

      Spammers often spoof(fake) the address to throw people off their trail, someone who has you in their email list is infected and sending out emails. Rarely do they have the real address of where they are sending from, otherwise people would do what your wanting to do and their source for sending spam would be stopped.

      At 08:24 AM 3/28/2006, you wrote:
      Greetings all,

      Over the past few months, I've received hundreds of email messages
      with virus in them from a user in India. It became apparent to me
      that the user is probably unaware of these mailings, so I decided to
      email him back to enlighten him.

       From his response, he clearly does not speak English. Obviously, I
      don't speak Indian.

      Is there anyone on the list that would mind translating my English
      message to him so that I can send him the message in his native
      language? If so, please contact me OFF LIST, not via the list.

      Thanks,

      Art

      Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Cecil Bayona
      KD5NWA
      www.qrpradio.com

      I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't; only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...