Re: [softrock40] Re: Eye Care Centers of America. Special Complimentary Coupon

  • leon Heller
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
      From: "Eric Söderman" <eric@...>
      To: <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 12:05 PM
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: Eye Care Centers of America. Special
      Complimentary Coupon

      On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:42 PM, ve3tmt <ve3tmt@...> wrote:

      > Moderator????

      There has been some spam in this group during the last weeks since I
      joined. Isn´t the easiest way to let people write something
      intelligent about why they want to join to let the spam bots (as I
      guess this is) away?

      I allow anyone to join the groups I've formed, but every member's first post
      is moderated. If it is acceptable I change him/her to unmoderated status.
      This virtually eliminates spam. It doesn't involve a lot of work, even with
      the LPC2000 group which has over 8,200 members.

      Leon
      --
      Leon Heller
      Amateur radio call-sign G1HSM
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
        leon Heller wrote:
        > There has been some spam in this group during the last weeks since I
        > joined. Isn´t the easiest way to let people write something
        > intelligent about why they want to join to let the spam bots (as I
        > guess this is) away?
        >
        > I allow anyone to join the groups I've formed, but every member's first post
        > is moderated. If it is acceptable I change him/her to unmoderated status.
        > This virtually eliminates spam. It doesn't involve a lot of work, even with
        > the LPC2000 group which has over 8,200 members.
        >
        > Leon
        > --
        > Leon Heller
        > Amateur radio call-sign G1HSM
        > Yaesu FT-817ND transceiver
        > Suzuki SV1000S motorcycle
        > leon355@...
        > http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

        I joined earlier today, that looks like a very nice group, lots of good
        discussions going on. I have a project that uses the lpc2106 and I want
        to convert it to use M3 Cortex chips.

        --
        Cecil
        k5nwa

        When you wish upon a shooting star, all your dreams will come true. Unless the star is really a meteor about to destroy the earth. Then, you’re pretty much dead no matter what you wish for. Unless it’s death by meteor.