Re: 6m_2m Converter kit shipments

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi Tony,

      I loved building the V9.0 receiver and using it. I also got the 6.3 transceiver and am having fun building that. I would be very interested in having the option of getting the new chip with the latest firmware if I could time it right to order the converters on line. Each time I check, it says check back later, so I will continue trying. Can I order 2 of the converters with one TTiny85 chip with the v15.12 firnmware? The additional $2.00 is no problem.

      Thank You

      Craig AB9IV

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

      > Good Morning All,
      >
      > I finally have received the mixer modules from Mini-Circuits and will be able to ship the 6m_2m Converter kits that were offered earlier in the week. Sorry for the delay in getting these kits mailed.
      >
      > Cores needed for packing additional 6m_2m Converter kits have been on order since last weekend so I will hold on offering additional 6m_2m Converter kits until all parts are in hand for packing additional kits. Hopefully that will happen before this week ends.
      >
      > Fred's new firmware, v15.12, offers additional flexibility for the v9.0 receiver when used with either the Electronically Switched BPF or the 6m_2m Converter. Additional ATTiny85 chips with the v15.12 firmware are on order with Cecil and going forward I will be shipping v9.0 receiver kits with ATTiny85/v15.12 firmware. The v15.12 programmed devices should be to me by early next week.
      >
      > Would there be any interest in offering the next batch of 6m_2m Converter kits with two options? One option would be just the kit and the second option would include an ATTiny85/v15.12 chip with the kit. I would need to increase the kit price by $2 to provide the converter kit with the ATTiny85/v15.12 chip.
      >
      > I want to express my appreciation to Fred for all the work he has done on the version of firmware for use with the v9.0 Lite+USB Xtall receiver as well as with the USB I2C Interface. Fred's firmware has been an important part of getting several of the SoftRock kits to play properly with enhances features. Thanks Fred!!
      >
      > Thanks to all for your interest in the kits.
      >
      > 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

    • Hulen Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
        Kit with ATTiny85/v15. 12 chip is my vote

        K5HCS