Re: [softrock40] ATTiny85/v15.12 chip order possibility

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi Frank,

      Your 6m_2m Converter kit is scheduled to be mailed today, but if you would like the v15.12 firmware to be included, please send $2 by PayPal to my e-mail address and I will hold your shipment until I can send it with a v15.12 chip.  I should be able to ship your converter kit with with the v15.12 firmware by Monday or Tuesday of next week.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony Parks
      kb9yig@...
      http://www.kb9yig.com

      On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 13:16 +0200, Frank de Wilde wrote:

      Hello Tony,

      Maybe it's an idea to put an separate order possibility on your page to
      order the latest ATTiny85 chip (e.g. v15.12 at this moment),
      I just received my v9.0 this week, but of coarse this one is supplied with
      the older version ATTiny85 chip.

      Personal I still have to build my v9.0, so not in a hurry to get a newer
      version, but I think there will be enough interest...

      Although, you probably didn't send my 6m_2m converter, so I would be happy
      to pay you an additional $ 2 for the ATTiny85/v15.12 chip !

      73 de Frank PH2M

      On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 10:38:36 -0000, "kb9yig" <kb9yig@gmail.com> wrote:
      > Good Morning All,
      >
      > I finally have received the mixer modules from Mini-Circuits and will be
      > able to ship the 6m_2m Converter kits that were offered earlier in the
      > week. Sorry for the delay in getting these kits mailed.
      >
      > Cores needed for packing additional 6m_2m Converter kits have been on
      > order since last weekend so I will hold on offering additional 6m_2m
      > Converter kits until all parts are in hand for packing additional kits.
      > Hopefully that will happen before this week ends.
      >
      > Fred's new firmware, v15.12, offers additional flexibility for the v9.0
      > receiver when used with either the Electronically Switched BPF or the
      6m_2m
      > Converter. Additional ATTiny85 chips with the v15.12 firmware are on
      order
      > with Cecil and going forward I will be shipping v9.0 receiver kits with
      > ATTiny85/v15.12 firmware. The v15.12 programmed devices should be to me
      by
      > early next week.
      >
      > Would there be any interest in offering the next batch of 6m_2m
      Converter
      > kits with two options? One option would be just the kit and the second
      > option would include an ATTiny85/v15.12 chip with the kit. I would need
      > increase the kit price by $2 to provide the converter kit with the
      > ATTiny85/v15.12 chip.
      >
      > I want to express my appreciation to Fred for all the work he has done
      on
      > the version of firmware for use with the v9.0 Lite+USB Xtall receiver as
      > well as with the USB I2C Interface. Fred's firmware has been an
      important
      > part of getting several of the SoftRock kits to play properly with
      enhances
      > features. Thanks Fred!!
      >
      > Thanks to all for your interest in the kits.
      >
      > 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

      Met vriendelijke groet:

    • rjvassarjr
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
        Hi Tony

        I also would like to be able to order an undated version of the ATTiny85 chip for my v9.0 RXer.

        I don't know how you keep up with this SDR effort.You and your team of helpers have my personal gratitude and appreciation for what you are providing to the worldwide HAM community.

        Russ, ka1ruw

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Frank de Wilde <ph2m@...> wrote:

        > Hello Tony,
        >
        > Maybe it's an idea to put an separate order possibility on your page to
        > order the latest ATTiny85 chip (e.g. v15.12 at this moment),

      • Craig
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
          Hi Tony,

          I loved building the V9.0 receiver and using it. I also got the 6.3 transceiver and am having fun building that. I would be very interested in having the option of getting the new chip with the latest firmware if I could time it right to order the converters on line. Each time I check, it says check back later, so I will continue trying. Can I order 2 of the converters with one TTiny85 chip with the v15.12 firnmware? The additional $2.00 is no problem.

          Thank You

          Craig AB9IV

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

          > Good Morning All,
          >
          > I finally have received the mixer modules from Mini-Circuits and will be able to ship the 6m_2m Converter kits that were offered earlier in the week. Sorry for the delay in getting these kits mailed.
          >
          > Cores needed for packing additional 6m_2m Converter kits have been on order since last weekend so I will hold on offering additional 6m_2m Converter kits until all parts are in hand for packing additional kits. Hopefully that will happen before this week ends.
          >
          > Fred's new firmware, v15.12, offers additional flexibility for the v9.0 receiver when used with either the Electronically Switched BPF or the 6m_2m Converter. Additional ATTiny85 chips with the v15.12 firmware are on order with Cecil and going forward I will be shipping v9.0 receiver kits with ATTiny85/v15.12 firmware. The v15.12 programmed devices should be to me by early next week.
          >
          > Would there be any interest in offering the next batch of 6m_2m Converter kits with two options? One option would be just the kit and the second option would include an ATTiny85/v15.12 chip with the kit. I would need to increase the kit price by $2 to provide the converter kit with the ATTiny85/v15.12 chip.
          >
          > I want to express my appreciation to Fred for all the work he has done on the version of firmware for use with the v9.0 Lite+USB Xtall receiver as well as with the USB I2C Interface. Fred's firmware has been an important part of getting several of the SoftRock kits to play properly with enhances features. Thanks Fred!!
          >
          > Thanks to all for your interest in the kits.
          >
          > 73,
          > Tony KB9YIG

        • Hulen Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
            Kit with ATTiny85/v15. 12 chip is my vote

            K5HCS