12 Steps for SDR Ignorance Reduction

  • beel8ed
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2009
      Some of us at work have formed the "Software Defined Radio Ignorance Reduction Club". I thought that to be a bona fide support group, we should have 12 steps.

      12 Steps of the Software Defined Radio Ignorance Reduction Club

      1. We admitted that we were powerless over Software Defined Radio Ignorance
      2. We came to believe that a power greater than B+ final plate supply voltage could diminish our Ignorance
      3. We made a decision to turn our ignorance over to our lab technician
      4. We made a searching and moral inventory of our SoftRock Kit BOMs
      5. We admitted to ourselves and to our lab technician the depths of our ignorance
      6. We were entirely ready for the lab technician to treat us as the idiots we are
      7. We humbly asked our lab technician to help us accurately measure the inductance of our coils
      8. We made a list of all persons we had bored with our talk of radio and became willing to listen to them talk about their sports, including golf
      9. We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when doing so would subject innocent third parties to spurious radiations and undesirable harmonics
      10. Continued to inventory our BOM and when we launched an SMT component from the tweezers into the dog food promptly admitted it
      11. Sought through poems and memorization to decrease our ignorance of the Smith Chart (as we understand it) seeking only for knowledge of inductive reactance, capacitive reactance, and the power to correctly match our impedance.
      12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to ignoramuses, and to practice these principles in all our feed lines and quadrature detectors.
    • wb5rvz
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "beel8ed" <lleighrob@...> wrote:

        > Some of us at work have formed the "Software Defined Radio Ignorance Reduction Club". I thought that to be a bona fide support group, we should have 12 steps.
        >
        > 12 Steps of the Software Defined Radio Ignorance Reduction Club
        >
        > 1. We admitted that we were powerless over Software Defined Radio Ignorance
        > 2. We came to believe that a power greater than B+ final plate supply voltage could diminish our Ignorance
        > 3. We made a decision to turn our ignorance over to our lab technician
        > 4. We made a searching and moral inventory of our SoftRock Kit BOMs
        > 5. We admitted to ourselves and to our lab technician the depths of our ignorance
        > 6. We were entirely ready for the lab technician to treat us as the idiots we are
        > 7. We humbly asked our lab technician to help us accurately measure the inductance of our coils
        > 8. We made a list of all persons we had bored with our talk of radio and became willing to listen to them talk about their sports, including golf
        > 9. We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when doing so would subject innocent third parties to spurious radiations and undesirable harmonics
        > 10. Continued to inventory our BOM and when we launched an SMT component from the tweezers into the dog food promptly admitted it
        > 11. Sought through poems and memorization to decrease our ignorance of the Smith Chart (as we understand it) seeking only for knowledge of inductive reactance, capacitive reactance, and the power to correctly match our impedance.
        > 12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to ignoramuses, and to practice these principles in all our feed lines and quadrature detectors.

        And thus was born the excuse, "The dog ate my chip"
        73 de robby wb5rvz
        What happens in the shack stays in the shack