apt pictures receiving with SDR radio

  • jorschei
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2009
      Hi Dave and Bob, It is good possible receiving APT pictures with SDR radio. Rob PA0RWE and I dit a experiment with the KTH-SDR RX and (modif POWER-SDR by Christos). The antenna was an actif loop wideband with +23 dB gain and no filters before the I & Q demodulator.
      This antenne is not circulair and under the roof so the picture is bad.
      The WAV file needs conversion (I forget the program)in an other WAV file for processing in WXtoimg. In the Softrock files PE1KTH you see the results and the receiver setting schematic . The 40 KHz wide set filter is not tracking the doppler shift bud that could be an software improvement.

      SDR receivers are usefull for APT I think.

      73" Joris PE1KTH