Re: 20W amplifier kit offered (it took a while...)

  • applewiz67
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 1, 2009
      > applewiz67,
      >
      > for EU, there is the same price than International ?

      Yes, it's probably easier to go in dollars and use Paypal for me.

      As Bob says international postage from the UK is not cheap, and the dollar:pound rate is 1.63:1 today.

      I'm offering this kit a bit cheaper than the nearest equivalent, and don't expect to make big profits. But once they're gone ... that's it! I don't intend to get small amounts of PCBs made because it would be uneconomic.

      -Rob
    • Simon (HB9DRV)
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 1, 2009
        Rob,

        Removing the greenish background would help - I'm a bit colour blind
        (red/green) and it's a bit painful reading the first part of each page on
        your site.

        Simon Brown, HB9DRV
        www.ham-radio-deluxe.com

          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 2, 2009
            What are you selling anyway is it some kind of addon to SR?
            I remember to see something but can't recall what.
            Regards

            --
            Jose (Ct1aos)
          • Rob Brown
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 2, 2009
              José,

              It's a linear amplifier specially designed for Softrock RxTx - so very
              much an addon. My neighbours objected to a 5 element 20m beam on a 30m
              tower, so I made a linear instead ;)

              -Rob

              /**************************
              Sorry for any missed emails
              95% of email is now spam!!!
              **************************/
            • Jose Bonanca
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 2, 2009
                hI Rob...

                Just what I have been looking for but afraid of the coils.
                How many bands does it cover?

                Thanks
                73

                I may have to pay in dollars by VISA or payPal.

                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 2, 2009
                  José,

                  All questions should now be answered by my website.

                  The coils on this project are easier to wind than the main softrock kit, with much fewer turns.

                  > Just what I have been looking for but afraid of the coils.
                  > How many bands does it cover?
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  > 73
                  >
                  > I may have to pay in dollars by VISA or payPal.
                • Preston Douglas
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 3, 2009
                    Robbie,

                    I am expressing interest.  I would be happy to pay for both parts of the unit by PayPal.  Please let me know when.

                    Preston Douglas WJ2V

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 3, 2009
                      Rob,
                      I can't seem to be able to send money to the email addy listed on your site. PayPal states "enter a legitimate email addy" or something like that. I wanted to make arrangements to help with the beta kit run.

                      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "applewiz67" <robbrown@...> wrote:

                      > José,
                      >
                      > All questions should now be answered by my website.
                      >
                      > The coils on this project are easier to wind than the main softrock kit, with much fewer turns.
                      >
                      > > Just what I have been looking for but afraid of the coils.
                      > > How many bands does it cover?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks
                      > > 73
                      > >
                      > > I may have to pay in dollars by VISA or payPal.

                    • g8voip
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 3, 2009
                        I think if you actually read the instructions, no money is required at present, only registering your interest.

                        73, Bob G8VOI