Re: [softrock40] Re: Screenshot

  • pe0fko
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
      The source code for the dll (SRDLL.dll) will be released on my website when I release the CFGSR tool.
      No problem to send already a copy of the source to every one interested in the code.

      --
      73, Fred
      PE0FKO

      2009/9/1 Simon (HB9DRV) <simon@...>

      Hi,

      Using a DLL is fine - but I strongly suggest that you get the source for the
      DLL in case it ever needs to be updated / changed.

      Simon Brown, HB9DRV
      www.ham-radio-deluxe.com

      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
        Ok, need to read more :-)
        The SRDLL.dll will only translate the USB interface commands to simple functions and add some error checking. Like srOpen(..); and srSetFreq(7.04);
        It is not a Config screen in a dll like my ExtIO_Si570.dll for WinRad or the CFGSR tool, But that also will be nice to have it separated from the radio like in WinRad.
        (Maybe the WinRad ExtIO_ interface can also be used, Alberto will also include it in the NG (Next-Generation) of WinRad. It can open a hole world of possibilities witch I can not think about on this moment.)

        --
        73, Fred
        PE0FKO

        2009/9/1 Simon (HB9DRV) <simon@...>

        Actually I was thinking about a user interface in SDR-RADIO.com so that the radio's control data can be defined as needed - for example driving the local oscillator.

        Other parameters would be the fixed frequency for some Xtal SoftRocks, bands / ranges for others etc.

        Simon Brown, HB9DRV
        www.ham-radio-deluxe.com
        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
          alexle188 wrote:
          > In the SDR-Widget_IO.sch schematics, you can see a 5-pin header:
          >
          > +5VD
          > ROTI
          > ROTQ
          > PUSHSW
          > GND

          Great news !
          Alas I don't have access to KiCad, can you post/publish a PDF version ?

          73 *am*

          Andrea Montefusco iw0hdv http://www.montefusco.com
          tel: +393356992791 fax: +390623318709
        • Simon (HB9DRV)
          Message 4 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
            Hi,

            let's wait - when the hardware is working we can look at the whole thing and work out a good, flexible solution.

            Simon Brown, HB9DRV
            www.ham-radio-deluxe.com
            The SRDLL.dll will only translate the USB interface commands to simple functions and add some error checking. Like srOpen(..); and srSetFreq(7.04);
            It is not a Config screen in a dll like my ExtIO_Si570.dll for WinRad or the CFGSR tool, But that also will be nice to have it separated from the radio like in WinRad.
            (Maybe the WinRad ExtIO_ interface can also be used, Alberto will also include it in the NG (Next-Generation) of WinRad. It can open a hole world of possibilities witch I can not think about on this moment.)

          • Dave - WB6DHW
            Message 5 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
              Andrea:
              Kicad is a free download. If you Google KICAD, it is the first hit.

              Dave - WB6DHW
              <http://wb6dhw.com>