Re: [softrock40] Re: Screenshot

  • Simon (HB9DRV)
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
      Hi,

      Using a DLL is fine - but I strongly suggest that you get the source for the
      DLL in case it ever needs to be updated / changed.

      Simon Brown, HB9DRV
      www.ham-radio-deluxe.com

        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
          Ok, need to read more :-)
          The SRDLL.dll will only translate the USB interface commands to simple functions and add some error checking. Like srOpen(..); and srSetFreq(7.04);
          It is not a Config screen in a dll like my ExtIO_Si570.dll for WinRad or the CFGSR tool, But that also will be nice to have it separated from the radio like in WinRad.
          (Maybe the WinRad ExtIO_ interface can also be used, Alberto will also include it in the NG (Next-Generation) of WinRad. It can open a hole world of possibilities witch I can not think about on this moment.)

          --
          73, Fred
          PE0FKO

          2009/9/1 Simon (HB9DRV) <simon@...>

          Actually I was thinking about a user interface in SDR-RADIO.com so that the radio's control data can be defined as needed - for example driving the local oscillator.

          Other parameters would be the fixed frequency for some Xtal SoftRocks, bands / ranges for others etc.

          Simon Brown, HB9DRV
          www.ham-radio-deluxe.com
          Message 4 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
            alexle188 wrote:
            > In the SDR-Widget_IO.sch schematics, you can see a 5-pin header:
            >
            > +5VD
            > ROTI
            > ROTQ
            > PUSHSW
            > GND

            Great news !
            Alas I don't have access to KiCad, can you post/publish a PDF version ?

            73 *am*

            Andrea Montefusco iw0hdv http://www.montefusco.com
            tel: +393356992791 fax: +390623318709
          • Simon (HB9DRV)
            Message 5 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
              Hi,

              let's wait - when the hardware is working we can look at the whole thing and work out a good, flexible solution.

              Simon Brown, HB9DRV
              www.ham-radio-deluxe.com
              The SRDLL.dll will only translate the USB interface commands to simple functions and add some error checking. Like srOpen(..); and srSetFreq(7.04);
              It is not a Config screen in a dll like my ExtIO_Si570.dll for WinRad or the CFGSR tool, But that also will be nice to have it separated from the radio like in WinRad.
              (Maybe the WinRad ExtIO_ interface can also be used, Alberto will also include it in the NG (Next-Generation) of WinRad. It can open a hole world of possibilities witch I can not think about on this moment.)

            • Dave - WB6DHW
              Message 6 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
                Andrea:
                Kicad is a free download. If you Google KICAD, it is the first hit.

                Dave - WB6DHW
                <http://wb6dhw.com>