www.SoftRockRadio.org status

  • k5nwa
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2009
      www.softrockradio will be down for several days as I will be ripping out the current software and replacing it with something else to make the site easier to maintain.

      Because the drastic and experimental nature of the changes it will take a couple of weeks to have all content moved over. In the meantime the master (real site) will stay unchanged until I figure out what will be the final state of www.softrockradio.org, the master site is at;
      http://www.dspradio.org/  > Please use this site until the changes are finished.

      My initial install will be WordPress, if I start having too many difficulties then I will switch to just creating pages using MS Publisher or something like it. During this period of transition the master site will continue to stay up until I have it all sorted out.
      --
      Cecil
      k5nwa

      When you wish upon a shooting star, all your dreams will come true. Unless the star is really a meteor about to destroy the earth. Then, you’re pretty much dead no matter what you wish for. Unless it’s death by meteor.
    • Jeremy McNamara
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
        k5nwa wrote:

        My initial install will be WordPress, if I start having too many
        difficulties then I will switch to just creating pages using MS
        Publisher or something like it.

        If you have ANY trouble with Wordpress, do not hesitate to contact me.
        I have been using wordpress since very shortly after it was first
        released. I have 200+ websites that are based on wordpress and manage
        a few thousand Wordpress Mu based sites.
        .

        Please contact me offlist, as I wouldn't want to be called a Troll again
        - this time for offering my assistance.

        Jeremy McNamara
      • k5nwa
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
          Jeremy McNamara wrote:
          > k5nwa wrote:
          >
          > My initial install will be WordPress, if I start having too many
          > difficulties then I will switch to just creating pages using MS
          > Publisher or something like it.
          >

          > If you have ANY trouble with Wordpress, do not hesitate to contact me.
          > I have been using wordpress since very shortly after it was first
          > released. I have 200+ websites that are based on wordpress and manage
          > a few thousand Wordpress Mu based sites.
          > .
          >

          > Please contact me offlist, as I wouldn't want to be called a Troll again
          > - this time for offering my assistance.
          >

          > Jeremy McNamara

          Thanks for the offer and I will keep it in mind.

          I'm trying to keep it simple as possible so I don't foresee too many
          problems. The only item that will probably give difficulties is tweaking
          the themes, I'm only vaguely familiar with CSS and PHP but I have
          excellent books on the subject.

          I will need to look for a good tutorial because right now the biggest
          immediate issue is not being aware of the possible features or addons
          that might be useful.

          --

          Cecil Bayona
          K5NWA

          "Windows, the most successful software virus ever" Don Seglio Batuna