Softrock TX/RX under Linux

  • David Hutchinson G8SQH
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2009
      Gentlemen

      There have been a few requests in the past for how to transmit as well
      as receive using Linux, so I have created a few web pages to describe
      how I do it, in case it's any use to anyone else.

      Key points:
      - This is for Linux - it is highly unlikely any part of it is useful for
      Windows.
      - This is not a single 'install and go' package - so possibly more
      suited to folks with a bit of experience
      - The overall GUI software is far from complete - it does work (you can
      make contacts), but there are many features yet to implement
      - This is the first release, so there are probably errors/omissions in
      what I've put on the web.

      Look at http://www.whabbit.demon.co.uk/why1.html if you're interested.

      Out of the box, this is designed to work with the softrock 6.1 tx/rx -
      if you have any other soft radio, you will likely need to make some
      changes (or start out without some features)

      73, listen out on 30m digital if you want to hear this radio in action.

      (I suggest that any discussion occurs on the linuxham group, since most
      folks here won't be interested)

      --David G8SQH