Re: [softrock40] Can anyone help please

  • dan edwards
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2009
      i'm not surprised you need more gain. my experience with very short receiving
      verticals in phased arrays for the low frequencies has been 'NEED MORE GAIN'
      also..the upgraded lite 2 does have a better op amp, which makes it a bit
      hotter.

      seems many people think a low mds is not necessary on the lower frequencies
      with all the atmospheric noise. but once some directivity is achieved, and if small
      antennas are used for rx only, i wind up using more than one pre-amp to get
      acceptable signal levels. i like to see the s-meter moving...

      fwiw, (prob not much) 73 w5xz

      From: "g3rcq"

      > I have built an 80m beem steering array based on the detials of K1LT, unfortunately the lite version is not giving me the gain I
      > need.

      What exactly do you want?
      Does this array uses 4 Softrock receivers?
      I do not think anything older is more sensitive, in fact Tony included the low noise op-amp for 30m and above relatively recently.
      This could be fitted to the 80m Lite if required but I do not think it should be needed.