Re: [softrock40] Re: Si570 questions

  • pe0fko
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 11, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 15 KB
    Hello Jean-Claude,

    >> The basic question is how many USB AVR can be connected at one time.
    I think as many as you have (or have usb ports :-). Only they will all be indentified with the same USB Manufacture / Product / Serial number in this case.
    Of course you can change the fields in the firmware source code if you like.
    In my new config tool I made a listbox with all the found (libusb-win32) usb devices.

    Most of the used SDR software receivers that are made to handle the USB-AVR-SI570 will connect to the first found device and when USB Manufacture / Product / Serial number are the same no selection is possible.

    >> Is this possible?
    Yes.

    >> I did not read enough about that subject
    Read the document of Bob, G8VOI on my homepage.

    >> I was not aware of that and think it is great. Could you explain more:
    Most SDR software receivers are using a fixed or variable *integer* multiply factor (mostly 4), that is not what we need in for example the 2m converter. My WinRad ExtIO_si570.dll can handle a *float* multiply and float offset value. Also the firmware (from V15.10) can handle a float multiply and float offset. So you have a choice where you handle the freq. calculation in WinRad!

    --
    73, Fred
    PE0FKO