Re: Creative Soundblaster live USB card

  • M0FMT
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009

      Hi Grant

      Please look at Duncan Munro’s (M0KGK) site he has done a comparative study of the sound cards listed below, the Creative Labs card is not too shabby.

      http://www.m0kgk.co.uk/sdr/soundcards.php

      • Generic AC97 integrated motherboard soundcard (16 bit / 48kHz)
      • Creative Labs Soundblaster Live! 24 (24 bit / 96kHz)
      • M-Audio Delta 66 (24 bit / 96 kHz)

      http://www.i-love-pc.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductNO=618

      “Creative SB Live USB

       [Specification] :

      * 24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion during playback in 16 or 24 bit with sampling rates of up to 48kHz in 5.1 mode and up to 96kHz in stereo mode.
      * 24-bit Analog-to-Digital conversion during recording in 16 or 24 bit with sampling rates up to 96kHz
      * SPDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) out with up to 24-bit at 96 kHz quality.
      * Supports Windows XP SP2.”

      The CL SB LIVE external sound card has worked well for me when I (Pete M0FMT) only had a Lap-Top with an AC97 sound card that had no stereo (Q/I) mic. or line input.

      http://www.m0kgk.co.uk/sdr/index.php

      Duncan Munro (M0KGK) has also written SDR applications, stand alone RX and TX/RX software. I would recommend these two applications as being sure-fire. They work on M$ Vista and M$ Win XP you will be pleased to know.

      Good luck and 73 Peter M0FMT