Re: Various questions about sound cards, amplifiers, and Mobo 4.3

  • alexle188
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2009
      Hi Chuck,

      Mobo v4.3 is in prototyping stage and documentation/readme files will be available when we go into production run several months down the road. Mobo v4.3 is an advanced and complex design and is suitable for experienced builders.

      Mobo v4.3 has a small PA which replaces the small PA in the SR v6.3's individual PA Filter Modules. It will output 1W in very clean and linear CLASS A operation, suitable for SSB and digital modes. It will output 3-4W in CLASS AB operation, suitable for CW.

      Many people will want to have a booster amplifier (like Rob's design) to boost the output to 20W or more. Rob's design is a combination of PA and switched LPF in one. For other amplifiers without LPF's, you will need a switched LPF bank after the booster PA to filter out the harmonics.

      73's

      Alex