Re: [softrock40] I2C perm and non-perm options

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009
      Hi Grant,

      When the USB I2C Interface is used, U6 the 12F683 is not used.  The extra 8-pin socket supplied with the USB I2C Interface kit is to be used as a plug with wires soldered to the appropriate socket holes for plugging into the U6 socket.  The connection from the USB I2C Interface PTT output to the PTT I on the v6.3 board may be a soldered connection or perhaps you will want to include a connector in this line also.

      73,
      Tony Parks
      kb9yig@...
      http://www.kb9yig.com

      On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 23:33 +0000, Grant McDuling wrote:

      Hi Gang,

      If choosing the non-permanent connection option, does SO2 (with wires soldered as indicated) simply plug into SO1, which is minus the 12F683? Does this mean that when using the I2C that the 12F683 is not needed? Or do I reinsert the 12F683 back into SO2?

      Many thanks
      Grant VK4JAZ